Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to buy a deluxe muffler from a fellow member here.And since it's +6 here today, I went and swapped out the pepper shaker for this shiny hardware. I think it even runs better with this exhaust installed. Lol

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a lot quieter actually.and purty. Lol.My 10 has a deluxe muffler on it too,but only the ends are left of it. So it's quite loud. But I like the sounds of this one.didn't think to take a video of before and after.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got this off MFDAC. It was posted in the parts section here. The excange rate is at a record low, so it was more than what I wanted to pay. But the parts itself was well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
6,261 Posts
Looks good. I had one on my 12, but the muffler went bad, so I put a stack on. Like the stack, but also like the chrome.

Noel.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noel, my last 12 that I sold here had a stack on it. I love the look of a stack on this series. Looks just like the bigger 165 tractors. I'm not a Chrome guy,but it sure sets the tractor off.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Chrome looks nice today but in a year it will be mostly gone. Just as well get a steel one to start with. Chrome sure looks nice on the show tractors though.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
It is a lot quieter actually.and purty. Lol.My 10 has a deluxe muffler on it too,but only the ends are left of it. So it's quite loud. But I like the sounds of this one.didn't think to take a video of before and after.
Glad it will work for you! This muffler was loud compared to the muffler on the new engine I put on my 12G!

Chrome looks nice today but in a year it will be mostly gone. Just as well get a steel one to start with. Chrome sure looks nice on the show tractors though.
The chrome on that one is 41 years old so it should last a while yet! Pic is the same muffler 5 years ago.

DAC

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not one for an engine to be too quiet. Lol. Lots quieter than before. That's for sure.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MH81, yes. Much better than looking at a rusty old tin ball.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Doug, this is just my back up back up winter tractor. I plan on using this one for mowing thou. These leave a way better finish on a lawn compared to the bigger tractors like I'm use to.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ACmowerguy, I hope you talking about just the chrome cover. The tractor isn't near nice enough to get waxed. Lol

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Thanks Doug, this is just my back up back up winter tractor. I plan on using this one for mowing thou. These leave a way better finish on a lawn compared to the bigger tractors like I'm use to.
I gotta agree, the quality of the cut is so much better than anything I ever had before I bought my 12G 5 years ago. This is the biggest tractor I've had and my yard is quite rough. Now that I'm using it for snow removal too, it says in the shop instead of out in a shed during the winter. Sure takes up some shop floor space now, but I can deal with that!

DAC

Reactions: limebuzz
1 - 19 of 19 Posts