Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went on about a 300 mile round trip today to pick up some extras for the Bolens. George and I drove about 3 hours to meet Rick Show and picked up 2 tillers and a sickle bar mower that we bought from him. He had good pricing on his sales as he usually does.He is listed in the Bolens forum as one of the suppliers. If you need something give him a call or send an e-mail. He may have it.

Here are a few pictures of the things we got today.

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
VERY nice haul, especially the sickle mower...that thing looks like new!

·
Live long and prosper
6,784 Posts
The sickle bar mower is sweet. Nice tillers too. Is he in PA or New York?

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Ooooooh,very nice haul.:thumbs:

·
Tractorholic
431 Posts
congrats guys! looks like quite a find!

·
10 Posts
That sickle bar is nice. What models will that fit? Do you guys think an 850 would have enough umph to power one of those things, if it would i'd like to find one. i could get a lot of use out of one of those we have a couple acres that usually only gets mowed twice a year and seems to be a little abusive on the rotary

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
stoney said:
That sickle bar is nice. What models will that fit? Do you guys think an 850 would have enough umph to power one of those things, if it would i'd like to find one. i could get a lot of use out of one of those we have a couple acres that usually only gets mowed twice a year and seems to be a little abusive on the rotary
According to the attachment interchange list, it says the sickle will work with the 850 :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Ya I don't think it would take much power to run it. I think we are going to repaint it and mount it on the 1053. It might go on the 850 after it is restored but that is up to dad.

·
1,499 Posts
Nice load there! The tillers are nice but the sickle bar mower just has a real high "cool " factor!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
No much power requirement needed at all. I'd say they'd use no more than 2hp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts