Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some little Basturd stole the battery out of my Cub!!! I think I know who it is.

Reactions: larryd and JRJ

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They cut some of the cables. We have an Inmate wannabe in the neighborhood. I have run him off before.

Reactions: larryd

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It least it wasn't my new one, the one they got was the oldest one.

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
Just knock on his door and tell him you have pictures of him on your game camera and since you hate to see anyone go to juvie, you will give him the opportunity to return the battery - before and INSTEAD of a call to the sheriff.

Plus he will have the opportunity to replace the cables. :deadhorse:

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It won't do any good, he'll just lie out out of it. This isn't the first time he was stolen stuff.

·
Tractorholic
331 Posts
It won't do any good, he'll just lie out out of it. This isn't the first time he was stolen stuff.
That may be true, but it is hard to lie your way out of your picture haven been taken on your property doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing, right? Cameras and video don't lie. Hopefully he will not return. If so, then you may have to turn up the volume somewhat. Good luck.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh he'll return alright, breaking th law doesn't bother him. His whole family is like that.

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
Harbor Freight has driveway alerts for $13 that chime an alarm in your house when there is movement out back :smilewink:

Cats and rabbits sometimes set mine off but at least I can look out the window and see if someone is out there. I can even see at night because of my dusk to dawn light.

If I had much trouble with a neighbor like that there house just might spontaneously combust!

·
wabbit wangler
9,061 Posts
Next time you catch him in the yard give him a good reason to not come back.

We had some drug dealers up the road that came down one night to see what they could take. The dogs were going nuts so I went out with the 12 gauge. I could hear them talking behind my trees. I racked the Mossburg and then I heard feet beating across the street and jump the fence into the cow pasture and go crashing thru the trees. They never came back and fortunately the cops busted them all.

Last I heard the father was under a $70,000 bond.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Next time you catch him in the yard give him a good reason to not come back.

We had some drug dealers up the road that came down one night to see what they could take. The dogs were going nuts so I went out with the 12 gauge. I could hear them talking behind my trees. I racked the Mossburg and then I heard feet beating across the street and jump the fence into the cow pasture and go crashing thru the trees. They never came back and fortunately the cops busted them all.

Last I heard the father was under a $70,000 bond.
Rock Salt..

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He knows not to come around when I'm home. I have run him off several times.

·
Larrryd
1,119 Posts
When I used to live on a main road in the country we had a mail box bashing problem After 2 mailboxes I solved the problem. They always seemed to do on a Monday or Tuesday night so I started sitting under the carport . Well I heard them coming about 3 wks later and they heard the 12ga go off 3 times and they never came back .1 I scared them 2 the neighbor chased them and got their license no 3 the county Sherriff found the vehicle with 3 16 yr olds at the Local Sonic . It cost them a hefty fine , a bunch of new mailboxes installed and 1 yr of weekend community service of manual labor . Considering that's a federal offense I'd say they got lucky .

larryd

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I used to live on a main road in the country we had a mail box bashing problem After 2 mailboxes.... Considering that's a federal offense I'd say they got lucky .

larryd
I had a factory foreman once who said he had a problem with someone in a car running over his garbage can by the curb.....

So he filled the cans with broken cement! Problem solved.
We use PO boxes so we don't have a mail box here. At our last house, we had one just for the 911 numbers. I always planned on cutting the bottom out of the box, sliding it down over a 6" post with about 4' of it in the ground and pour the box full of quickcrete. One lick with a bat and I doubt the guy swinging would be interested in any more.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts