Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this pile of stuff put into the woods today. Pieces of wood and top soil. Would love to have a hydraulic loader. Loader are so handy.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,

Noel

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Found some on YT..but none like yours...yours looks more sturdy than the ones I am seeing.Did you build yours?

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Back in the 50s and into the early 60s, there were still some cable lift manure loaders in use here in Iowa. In the 70s I helped my father-in-law raise the grade on a long driveway and dig out a garage with an AC WD45 with a manure fork converted to a bucket and trip dump. ( it was hydraulic lift). Took most of our free time all summer, but if you are willing to take the time it can still be done.
I think he paid $750 for the tractor with loader and a rear blade, needless to say it took no time at all to pay for itself.

·
Super Moderator
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes , I built it. It was only built for show and parades, but I started using it for some work around. Had to try it !!

Noel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yes , I built it. It was only built for show and parades, but I started using it for some work around. Had to try it !!

Noel.
Thats super cool how you set the winch up...I would have never thought to do it that way.I would have had cables running all over the place.And with that set up you could for sure use the trim pump set up with no problem I think.

·
Super Moderator
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll have to look those up, trim pumps, is what they are called ?

Noel

Reactions: Auburn David

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'll have to look those up, trim pumps, is what they are called ?

Noel
Yea..any old boat with a inboard engine will have one..they can be pricy on Ebay..but if you can find an old boat you can get them for free or really cheap.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Ok Noel and David, now you have me in a plan for an FEL too! Not on my 12G though, was thinking more about the MF8E. It has a homemade hydro and cylinder and I have a small winch too-------Dang no time right now to get it going though!

Thanks for the info!

DAC

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Ok Noel and David, now you have me in a plan for an FEL too! Not on my 12G though, was thinking more about the MF8E. It has a homemade hydro and cylinder and I have a small winch too-------Dang no time right now to get it going though!

Thanks for the info!

DAC
They sure come in handy!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts