·
Tractorholic
890 Posts

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres was a clean restored 1050 for sale i think under elmira ny or finger lakes
Yea I saw that one. Its really nice, and for its condition he really is asking a fair price if its been totally restored at one point. I'm not really looking to buy the 1053, I'm saving to buy a ride a matic. I just wasn't sure if that 1053 was all original or not, so i asked so i could learn. But I think after further investigation this 1053 is alot of tractors mixed into one. LOL! I just blew the pics up and noticed the hood says 1253! Mower deck belt gaurd is missing, front tires look like there are off a 1000??, steering from a 800, 900 or 1000?? wrong seat and fenders?? I maybe wrong, but i'll let the masters educate me on it.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
The one with the steel wheels could be from an Amish or Mennonite area.

Some groups would allow tractors and such as long as they replace the rubber tires with steel wheels.

The reason was that having steel wheels would keep them on the farm and not driving them into town.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
That tractor has been around the block for sure, likely a 1053 with the wrong decals

Been painted brown instead of white and looks to have gotten mixed up with a early husky tractor and has the front wheels steering wheel and possibly steering tower replaced from a 900 or 1000 model

Some type of odd divider is next to the exaust as well, definietly not a 1253 as that would be a tecumseh engine

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,768 Posts
Those wheels are very interesting.My lower back hurts just looking at those lol

Not a bad price on either one of them.

does the hour meter on the 1700 say 6,697 hours on it?

·
447 Posts
I've seen steel wheels on large tractors and even forklifts, back when I was in the business, but thats the first garden tractor that I've seen with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts