Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I've been playing around with this AMF for awhile now and have it running pretty good. Well I was out mowing last night and the darn thing shut off. I start poking around and can't figure it out getting irritated. At that point my dad had stopped in to borrow my trailer and he starts looking at it. We can't find anything. So out comes the test light. Nothing at the plug. Nothing in the coil. So being the type of person who sees glass half empty wigging out about how insane it's gonna be to buy a new coil for the same amount I paid for the tractor. Blah blah blah, my cub never lets me down blah blah blah. So my dad recommends we ask a friend of his who is very good with engines what he thinks. Give him a call. "Do you have power at the switch?" Reach up, jiggle connector on... turn over key, mower fires right up. :thank_you:

Just though you guys would get a kick out of my pain/stupidity.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
Oh yeah! Been bit by that! Just part of the process, I figure!

·
Homelite Owner Extraordinaire
3,174 Posts
We've all been there my friend! :smilewink:
Yup ! My best was pulling the connector off the back of the ignition switch because I wanted to wash behind the dash of my Homelite and put a little Dialectic grease on the pins and pug ........... then spending 4 hours and numerous phone calls to brother and friend to figure out what was wrong only to go back out late at night to close the hood and see the pug hanging off the switch. LIGHT BULB, red Face, blue cloud of words in the garage and neighborhood. On second thought I guess I haven't had that happen to me ! LOL ! Roger

·
5,515 Posts
Or when the tractor shuts down acting like it needs gas. So immediately I assume that the old tired fuel pump just gave it up. I could see a bit of gas in the tank yet. I pushed the beast into the shed and started tearing it apart. Only to find out after many hours that the fuel pickup does not reach the bottom of the tank. I had only run out of gas.

·
Tractorholic
8,365 Posts
About a hour after replying to your post I went to use my little cultivator ,filled the tank ,checked the oil pulled and pulled ,,,nothing took the air filter off and gave it a small shot of starting fluid ,,, still nothing,, then turn the ignition switch to ON lol

Reactions: KennyP and hamman

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
About a hour after replying to your post I went to use my little cultivator ,filled the tank ,checked the oil pulled and pulled ,,,nothing took the air filter off and gave it a small shot of starting fluid ,,, still nothing,, then turn the ignition switch to ON lol
Well, you got it primed good Al! I tried several (X several) times to start the gas air compressor. Wouldn't start! Had gas. Finally looked over and the little shutoff bar was against the plug! DOH!

Reactions: Alc

·
Anything Red . . .
12,032 Posts
When I worked at the Tollway, I had this guy Gary. When you do something foolish, do you look to see if anyone saw you? Yup! When ever I was being stupid, Gary was always there behind me. I never figured how he did that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts