Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son turned 16 on Aug 4th, had him a party on Saturday. My two sisters and niece are into making cakes, they use the rice cripsy treats and Fondant to make these things, "cake boss" style, wheels were actually chocolate donuts.

My sister decided she wanted to make him a tractor cake so here's what we got, even put on our 3 dogs too!

It was modeled off his '64 Sears/DB 725. Hard to see in pics, but the grass is taller in the back than in front, she said he was cutting the grass. Of course, in typical brother fashion, I had to give her hard time about him cutting grass with no mowing deck :D

Turned out great!

Food Plant Wheel Tire Cake decorating

Food Tire Wheel Cake decorating Cake decorating supply

Food Wheel Tire Cake decorating supply Cake

Here is the original picture they went off of.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice cake... But.. why do the dogs looks like they where run over....
Asked my sister the same thing....they were "lying" in the grass. :D

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,431 Posts
She did a great job! I just wish I got a cake for my birthday.....a tractor on top would be a huge bonus!...something about being in your 50's....I don't get the cake anymore :)

Hope he enjoys the cake and the special 16th birthday!

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
That's a pretty neat cake! You have some good artists in the family. Hope he had a great birthday! Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
Happy Birthday Drew! Cool cake!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great cake Tahoe!! Did you save enough for us forum friends? They only have one 16th birthday. Tell him I said Happy Birthday. Roger.
Sorry, it's almost all gone and it was good. My sisters use my fresh brown eggs, their cakes are super moist!

Are you really going to eat it?
No, we ate the sheet cake, but the tractor is sitting on a plate. It is made of rice cripsy treats though sooo...... Maybe we should freeze it like people do with wedding cake then pull it out in a couple years and let him eat it then :bigrofl:

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Very cool cake.

Happy Birthday Drew!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts