Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the Massey 1655/1855 speed control (378A91) is mounted and works? I am thinking it would hold the pedal as a form of cruse control?

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
No. It's a speed limiter in that it limits the travel of the pedal.

Good for limiting the speed that kids can use when learning how to run the tractor, or maintaining a steady speed when plowing when you have a tendency to push harder on the pedal.

Mine stays at the top position (4) unless I'm removing the console cover. I use the FEL bucket for a parking brake.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tudor, if you get the chance could you post a picture or maybe tell me where it is installed.

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
It's the knob at the bottom left corner of the dash tower with the numbers 1-4 ascending and Park underneath them. It's controlled by the left foot pedal and the knob pulls out to latch it in each of the 5 positions.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture of the speed control kit for the Massey 1655 and 1855. I don't have any directions for it and I still can't figure out how to install it. If anyone has one on there tractor could you post a picture? It is shown under accessory in the 1855 parts book here. Kit #10378A91. Rectangle Wood Auto part Font Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm wondering what's going on with my speed control on my 1855. It seems like when I move the knob it isn't attached to anything and it doesn't do anything with limiting the travel of the pedal.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
No. It's a speed limiter in that it limits the travel of the pedal.

Good for limiting the speed that kids can use when learning how to run the tractor, or maintaining a steady speed when plowing when you have a tendency to push harder on the pedal.

Mine stays at the top position (4) unless I'm removing the console cover. I use the FEL bucket for a parking brake.
Don't we all? :D

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
I'm wondering what's going on with my speed control on my 1855. It seems like when I move the knob it isn't attached to anything and it doesn't do anything with limiting the travel of the pedal.
Does your pedal return to neutral when not being pushed either way? Or does it just flop around?

I just found mine has an internal roll pin not doing its job. My pedal is not attached to the speed control side at all. Which also happens to control neutral also.

Eric

Reactions: jpswift1

·
Registered
676 Posts
Does your pedal return to neutral when not being pushed either way? Or does it just flop around?

I just found mine has an internal roll pin not doing its job. My pedal is not attached to the speed control side at all. Which also happens to control neutral also.

Eric
Eric, thanks for the help. I believe mine does return to the Neutral position, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I believe there's some resistance like it's not greased or something is rusty.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still trying to figure out where and how this goes on. I see Joe's Outdoor power has one for sale. Some one must have one on there 1655 or 1855 massey that could post a picture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts