Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my 1050 with no problems yesterday and this evening I go to move it out of the way and as soon as it starts it starts acting funny. It starts missing and struggling to stay running. When I went to rev it up it was back firing and you could see the muffler glowing inside when it was back firing. I couldnt figure out why it would run great all this season and one day run like crap. I let her keep sputtering and eventually it got better and now it runs perfect again!
I have no Idea what happned to it.

I let it sit and it started up and ran fine again, I even drove it around.

Any ideas what could have happened? :confuse:

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
Its stored inside... Dont think any water got in there.

It was sure strange..... mabye a little speck of dirt passed through he carb?
i'd say so

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,247 Posts
With the muffler getting red it sounds like it was running lean. Could be a piece of crud got in the wrong spot to make it run lean and eventually worked its way through.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
I probably should get a fuel filter on it.....
Yes you defiantly should.

·
Live long and prosper
6,784 Posts
In line filter is a good idea.

·
Recovering Tractorholic
141 Posts
Gtractor said:
With the muffler getting red it sounds like it was running lean. Could be a piece of crud got in the wrong spot to make it run lean and eventually worked its way through.
My 1050 was not running when I got it. Once I got it started, sparks were flying out of the muffer and it was glowing red hot. Fiddling with the mixture screw solved that. My money is with Gtractor.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Everyone already used what I would've said too. That said, glad that it's running good again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts