Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Finally was able to get away from the campground for a few hrs,went out to Oh to an old Bolens dealership,I was ther last year and was able to get all of his small NOS parts,he had some larger items buried in his old shop and had to make arrangements to get back there,I got my" RARE" NOS ROPS for the Bolens large frame tractors,I have seen pics but never have saw any on the tractors,can't wait to get it on the tractor,the pics of them never showed they also came with a metal hard top,pretty neat,the mounting assembly for it is unreal,they sure were trying to make sure nothing would break,I also got a NOS 2 stage snowblower in the crate for the large frames,a NOS tube frame snowblower,NOS COZY cab fiberglass hard top,a used reelmower for the tube frames,a VERY large 10 piece put together poster of the H-16XL tractor,is 115" x 259"and some other goodies,were there for several hrs,super nice guy,got loaded up and headed to see Old Buzzard,really need to thank Dave,his forklift tractor came in very handy for loading another 2 stage snowblower he has been holding for me,also need to thank my very good friend Kevin for coming along,loading that 2 stage NOS blower by hand was a chore,very long day but well woth it,posted a couple pics,anyone interested in the blowers or other stuff let me know,SORRY but the ROPS not for sale,

Attachments

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Was good talking with you and Kevin :thumbs:

Rick neglected to say that he left here with 2 sets of wheel weights as well. A set of front weights with BOLENS on them, and a set of rears with FMC.

He got the front weights in trade for a LF PTO knuckle that I needed so that I can run my Haban Flail-Mo with the HT20D, and the rears for "something to be determined at a later date" :D :D :D

I did have to change clothes after he left though...after seeing that ROPS all the drool rolling off my chin made them uncomfortable :rolling:

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep,battery still in the box,never had acid put in it,may still be good,I also got a very nice metal Bolens sign,still in the box,approx 12x24,OB has a lot of neat stuff at his place for sure,stuff you don't see everyday

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rick that's really cool! I'm not sure i've ever seen a factory ROPS system, let alone anything with a roof. I'd love to see someone recreate these, although shipping with be $$$ i'm sure. Are you going to mount it on a tractor or sell it? That weedeater is really cool too. I remember seeing someone on the other site get one with an HT23. I think that'd be handy around sidewalks and other things.

That thermometer is really cool too!

Very nice haul!

Nick

·
1,204 Posts
Nice finds glad to see they will go to good homes.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
1,204 Posts
That ROPS looks like a pretty neat thing. Lets hope you never need to use it :biting_nails:

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix
1 - 15 of 15 Posts