Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I did some trading today. I traded two wagner garden tractors for a Wheel Horse C175 with a deck and snow blower. And a great little Bolens Super Versamatic. The Bolens was owned by the gentleman's grand father. It's in really nice shape as well as the reel mower. Here's the pictures.

Take care
Mike

Attachments

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure I'll have questions once I get it running. It looks to be very complete. Engine turns over by hand. Anyone know if the bolts holding the hood on had torks heads and was the chrome on the side of the hood original? It sure looks to be. Not to bad of a deal, they were delivered to me. That was really appreciated. Those old Bolens are really cool.

Mike

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
There are two nuts on the head bolts one set holds the head on the top one holds the hood on.

The chrome is original for that model

Those old Kohlers are very durable and wouldn't surprise me if it fired up with minimal effort

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
Anyone know if the bolts holding the hood on had torks heads and was the chrome on the side of the hood original?

Mike
If your talking about the 5 screws that hold the sheet-metal hood to the cast grille, they were originally "self-threading screws."

They would have been Phillips head or slotted screws. .....If you have Torx or hex-headed screws, they have been replaced.

As Brian said, yes, the chrome strips are original.

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The plan is to take the C175 to the camp for mowing there. I have a spare 19 hp ready to go in the 175 should the 17 head south.

·
1,204 Posts
Very nice Versamatic. They are pretty powerful little machines. Yours appears to be complete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts