Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the CL ad.

A Lot of Tractors

I bought a G-10 a few weeks ago, still need to set up pictures on here. I am going tomorrow to get the 42'' deck and possibly the 1050.....maybe a blower or blade as well??? Just depends if I can get a good package deal out of him. The 1050 looks better in person and I should have bought that and the deck the first go around, but got the 10 instead.

If you notice in the ad he has an EK blower for 100$. He said he has more that is not listed. Will post back results tomorrow. Anyone near the SW MI/Northern IN area interested in anything I can take a digital camera and get better pics. JJ.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, forgot ot ask, is the Sears plow useable on the Bolens tube frames? Well, without too much modifications anyway....

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
like a sears suburban dozer blade? You could make it work but it would take alot of modification.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yes sir,a lot of tractors and "stuff".

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
JJuday said:
Oh, forgot ot ask, is the Sears plow useable on the Bolens tube frames? Well, without too much modifications anyway....
He's showing a pic of a snowblade for the tube frames, and says that he has two of them.

... 9. (2)Bolens 42" Snow Plow Blades Model #18532 $75 each ...
I see that he says that he has an EK snowblower as well.

... 7. Bolens Estate Keeper Snow Blower $100 ...
I wonder if Bolens1000 would be interested in that? Course, that's a "fur piece" to go for him.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Down at the bottom is a picture of a Sears moldboard plow. Were those Brinley plows? That is the plow that I was wondering about. I have a snow/dirt blade already, not that two blades would kill me, but my wife might if I brought another home!

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OldBuzzard said:
I wonder if Bolens1000 would be interested in that? Course, that's a "fur piece" to go for him.
Yeah, PA to MI is quite a drive for a EK blower, but you never know about these men with Bolenitus!

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
You aren't going to lose money on the plow, but it would be a "B" to get it right behind a sleeve hitch. Better off finding a guy with a sears and a three point who needs one and keep watching for a brinly sleeve hitch. Daniel just bought a near new one for $ 80

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
JJuday said:
Down at the bottom is a picture of a Sears moldboard plow. Were those Brinley plows? That is the plow that I was wondering about. I have a snow/dirt blade already, not that two blades would kill me, but my wife might if I brought another home!
The Brinly Sleeve Hitch Plows are not all that rare, since they would work of a lot of different makes, and they are STILL selling them new with a MSRP of 249.00

http://www.brinly.com/gardening-equipment/plows/PP-51BH.html

You can find one usually in the 100-125 range quite easily.

I'd pass on the Sears specific one. By the time you get it modified to work with the sleeve hitch, you will most likely have spent more on it in time, materials, and aggravation than what you can get a real sleeve hitch plow for.

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
That's a lot of stuff all right. Nice package deal seems like.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I looked up the plow, it's an 8". Oddly, I've been looking for one of those for several months. I think you could make $20 on that very easily by taking it to your local Plow Day or selling it on CL/Epay. They made less of the 8's than the 10's and guys with smaller rigs are still seeking them. It would be perfect behind a custom 7 or 8.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts