Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna pick up a running, driving Massey 14 soon, never operated the Massey hydro units... Naturally I have questions.

The "clutch" pedal, does that function as a regular clutch on say a gear drive tractor?

I mean that in the sense as you can "slip" it to go slow? Or is it a brake/neutral return?

Is there a way to "lock out" say a dozer blade on the front and use the 3 point hitch? Or is it run all as one hydraulic circuit?

I'll post te obligatory pics when I get the tractor????

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
On my hydro allis the clutch pedal functions in the same way as a gear drive, but i dont use it much, as for the hydraulics im not sure .

·
6,150 Posts
The pedal on the left is a brake. If you are moving forward or backwards with the hydro, and you push the brake, the hydro returns to neutral to stop. You can move fairly slow forward or backwards with the hydro.

There is a float position on the hydraulics. Positions are, up, neutral, down and float. Great tractors. I have one.

Noel

Reactions: Greasy6020

·
Registered
10,085 Posts
Download the Operators Manual from our Manuals Section. Do all of the service checks before running it. You never know what you may find. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pedal on the left is a brake. If you are moving forward or backwards with the hydro, and you push the brake, the hydro returns to neutral to stop. You can move fairly slow forward or backwards with the hydro.
There is a float position on the hydraulics. Positions are, up, neutral, down and float. Great tractors. I have one.

Noel
Would the down position also apply down pressure on say a dozer blade or on the 3 point hitch?

·
6,150 Posts
Yes. And would hold it there.

Noel

Reactions: DMAX and Greasy6020

·
Addicted
237 Posts
I can’t wait to see pictures of it! Sounds like a great buy. The 3pt will hold down pressure but the top piece on the cylinder has a slot that allows the 3pt arms to travel up and down just a little bit. I changed out that piece with an end off the mid lift cylinder that doesn’t have the slot and put it on the 3pt cylinder but then when too much down pressure was applied it took too much weight of the rear of the tractor and it spun too easily in the gravel. You can always just add weight to the blade itself if need be.

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Throttle up, pick gear range, push forward, hold on

That about sums it up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greasy6020

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Can take riders too!! tapatalk_1519867910675.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk