Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried out the brinly plow I bought a few months ago. I was looking to put another heavy load on the MF10 Diesel. It has rained for the last week off and on and I needed to get a start on expanding the garden for my wife. FWIW I thought the plow would put the heaviest load on the little machine and we'd see tons of smoke, it'll pull with the plow way deep in 3rd and I heard a belt chirp, so I backed out. The wet grass in the yard proved to be the biggest obstacle, leaving me traction limited with 120 lbs of weights on the rear.

YouTube - 100_7682.MOV

YouTube - 100_7673.MOV

YouTube - 100_7679.MOV

·
1,499 Posts
Your tractor sounds like it has enough power to pull a 2 bottom plow!

·
Tractorholic
431 Posts
great vids, thanks for sharing!! the Massey sure made it look easy

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tractormike said:
Your tractor sounds like it has enough power to pull a 2 bottom plow!
I'm fairly confident it would, I didn't play with the variable drive, but figured I could have put the variable drive all in any gear I tried. The engine was running at a fairly low speed, I even brought it down to right above idle in second and it just drug that plow anyway. FWIW the factory posi unit would sure be nice in the rear though. At one point my wife stood on the sleeve hitch (120 lbs extra) and it still spun. I figure it wants 400-500 lbs more in the rear to really hook up.

It's on at the garden tractor pulls this summer:bounce:

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I can tell you it not so much power as it is traction to pull a 2 bottom, and I've learned something else....a 2 bottom cuts way down on fun time! LOL Your diesel is doing great! I love diesel. An Onan comes 2nd.
I'd bet you've learned that diesel barely sips fuel too!

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
olcowhand said:
I can tell you it not so much power as it is traction to pull a 2 bottom, and I've learned something else....a 2 bottom cuts way down on fun time! LOL Your diesel is doing great! I love diesel. An Onan comes 2nd.
I'd bet you've learned that diesel barely sips fuel too!
I have mowed the yard 3 times now (3/4 acre roughly), hauled wagon loads of old truck parts to the back shed for a day, and plowed. It only used approximately 1/2 of the small capacity tank and is leaking fuel out the cap on grades due to a little dent in the neck.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Great videos.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Looking good, but you need some longer video's! I am still going back and forth with the stack.. I think I like them, but I can't decide if I like it enough on mine to do it or not!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts