Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jack of all trades, master of none.
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a cub cadet snowblower with a 5hp tecumseh. The starter just spins and th3 bendix doesn't engage the flywheel. When I take the starter off and run it the bendix goes up and down just fine. Press start button and it moves just fine under centrifugal force. The shaft is clean and lubed no burrs no tight spots . No knicks or burs on ring gear or bendix teeth. But when I put it on the engine it just spins. I can't see what it's doing because it is cast of the bendix so you can't see the bendix when it is on the engine. I have never had this problem.usually if the move free and move up and down when you run the starter when it's off they work. Any ideas.

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the 120v type you plug into an extension cord. It throws the bendix down when it's off the engine I have no idea I have never had this problem.

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure how this bendix is built, but it might be the bendix is engaging the flywheel, but it has clutch discs in the bendix that are slipping. This one has groves like a worm gear on the shaft that drive it down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.