Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One foot on foot rest and other on the fel arm... Ya it's kind of a trick to do..... :D

123456789 018.jpg 123456789 019.jpg

123456789 020.jpg 123456789 021.jpg

123456789 022.jpg

Attachments

·
1,333 Posts
That would be a trick for sure. Almost time to ride that Polaris in the background! Mine are not ready yet, but neither is my Cub 129.

Geno

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Even with all the pain and misery involved with fueling one up, I still want one that I can keep. :thumbs:

Ben W.

Reactions: wilberj and JRJ

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
You could always do what I did. I copied the idea from someone else on here or, on 'the other forum.

Cut the hood on the seam and hinge it. Mine are on top of the hood, but if you wanted to preserve the original 'look', you could put them on the under side.

Attachments

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,753 Posts
Hey you cut your hood like my 1250s hood was cut lol.I got rid of that one shortly after getting it.Engine smoked badly and it was leaking hydro fluid all over the place.Lift cylinder,both lift cylinder hoses axle seals and it was leaking badly somewhere on the front of the charge pump.

That was the only large frame I've ever owned and would of kept it but it was in worse condition than I was lead to believe.

user34601_pic2724_1297854579.jpg user34601_pic2727_1297854732.jpg user34601_pic2726_1297854732.jpg user34601_pic2720_1297854498.jpg

Hood worked good but it rattled like crazy because someone hacked the hood up to clear a kohler air filter assembly.

Sure would love to get my hands on another one with a couple attachments.They are an awesome machine.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Unhook the hood stop to get more clearance.

Reactions: wilberj and JRJ

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Or you could just do what my Grandfather always did and make a special Fueling System.

Just take a piece of PVC pipe and make 90* bends on each end and place one end in the tank and the other place a funnel and your good to go! No Hacking Required!

I still use this method for the Ford 8N with Loader

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW did not know this would tern into a hood cutting thread! I will in no way cut the hood on this tractor!

Thanks for all the ideas from the other guys who did not say cut the hood....

Its not to much work really the Race car cans are just a heavy to hold when full.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
couldn't you put the loader up all the way and have the hood clear more
Its twice as bad the arms dont go as high as you need them to. I know of people killed being under loader arms when they came down and crushed them so you never see me under something unless it blocked real good.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
couldn't you put the loader up all the way and have the hood clear more
THAT would scare me to death. Should a hose fail, you would be in DEEP trouble.

I have worked on loaders with them raised. but we always used a piece of angle iron on the lift cylinder as a stop just incase a hose did fail.

Cutting up the hood!!!!?? :wallbanging:

Now that's just not right!
Yeah, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

With that cross piece, at the front, my hood would only lift about 3" at the dash end.

Just reaching the gas cap was a problem, much less getting a line into it to fill it.

Like nbent suggested, raising the FEL would have allowed access, but I just considered that too risky to do on a normal basis.

·
5,512 Posts
I remember hearing of guys getting crushed by loaders dropping when they are working on them. There is a reason why most new ones come with a block to be used when the arms have to be up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts