Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,018 Posts
Grass is looking good over there! Nice job!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Nice thick grass, I bet that thing isn't even breaking a sweat.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
BolensChrisUK, on 02 Apr 2017 - 5:00 PM, said:

No sweat. I only run it on 3/4 throttle & take it slowly & she goes well :thumbs:
Please don't take this as harsh criticism, but as friendly advice.

Operating your 1886 in that manner is not doing it any favors.

You aren't getting proper engine and hydro cooling, which is going to give you problems in the long run.

Plus, the quality of the mowing job is going to suffer because of the less than optimal blade speed.

Those big Kohler twins are commercial grade engines and are designed to operate continuously at full throttle.

Also, if you refer to the owners manual Bolens makes it clear in the operating instructions where they say:

"It is required that the tractor operate at FULL THROTTLE"

They have that in virtually every Operators manual for the hydrostatic tractors.

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Man, I wish I had grass or even a garden to play with. Currently my yard is Mud and puddles and looking at the forecast for this week I may want to start building the Ark! STOP RAINING ALREADY! Sorry, nice machine, nice grass, and it looks like you have a nice plot of land there! Enjoy!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Please don't take this as harsh criticism, but as friendly advice.

Operating your 1886 in that manner is not doing it any favors.

You aren't getting proper engine and hydro cooling, which is going to give you problems in the long run.

Plus, the quality of the mowing job is going to suffer because of the less than optimal blade speed.

Those big Kohler twins are commercial grade engines and are designed to operate continuously at full throttle.

Also, if you refer to the owners manual Bolens makes it clear in the operating instructions where they say:

"It is required that the tractor operate at FULL THROTTLE"

They have that in virtually every Operators manual for the hydrostatic tractors.
Thanks for the info Dave.

I must buy some ear defenders & a bigger fuel can then :D

I will give it a go at full chat & see how it goes. TBH I never have tried

Our grass is lovely & thick in places!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts