Registered
3,838 Posts
Now that's a good neighbor...nice!

Reactions: Rock farmer

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he's going to use it as a yard truck. He has ten acres to clear and build a house on. The windshield is smashed pretty bad. But I think it's fully functional. Did anyone notice the drivers side door knob? It's the wooden pin hanging from a string!

Joe

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
R.F., you do realize you're in the perfect spot with that, right? Neighbor uses it work the property. Fixes anything comes up that is mechanical, but leaves the piddly stuff go. Gets done, parks it, and it sits. Wife nags him about it, but he wants it around just in case. More nagging. He tells you about the pickle he's in. You offer to buy it for next to nothing with the agreement he can use it when the need arises. Nagging eases, (after the initial blow up when she can still see and hear it) and everyone is happy.

Win,

Win.

:worship: :tapping_fingers:

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
That, my friends, is the original garden tractor hauler.

I wonder if your neighbor would like a knock-knock on his door?

Ben W.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
R.F., you do realize you're in the perfect spot with that, right? Neighbor uses it work the property. Fixes anything comes up that is mechanical, but leaves the piddly stuff go. Gets done, parks it, and it sits. Wife nags him about it, but he wants it around just in case. More nagging. He tells you about the pickle he's in. You offer to buy it for next to nothing with the agreement he can use it when the need arises. Nagging eases, (after the initial blow up when she can still see and hear it) and everyone is happy.
I like your thinking! But, I'm single and he's twice divorced. He just bought it off the guy three doors down. Who's a retired mechanic. The guy next door will just use it until something breaks, and then leave it to rot into the ground! He had an international four wheel drive three quarter ton like that. It finally went away when scrap metal prices peaked. I think the windshield would cost three or four hundred bucks to replace. And, that won't ever happen! It's really not to practical for what he wants to do with it. But he likes it!

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Something like that is on my Dream List. I want a nice little Dump Truck to use on my Hobby Farm. I particularly like the looks of the early 50's Mack. When I was growing up, my Dad had a 60's GMC Cab Over Dump and later replaced it with a Ford 600 cabover.

I was riding high when he let me drive them!!

That Plow unit would do very nicely on my 1/4 mile lane!!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Thanks for the photographs of that cool truck.

Reactions: Rock farmer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts