Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm.gonna have to keep em separated. The bolen don't care for the green on the new unit

Attachments

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
You should have put a blanket over it & peeled it back a little at a time. Enjoyed the pic. That would make a good Bolens shirt.

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
I haven't worked on or used an older 400 series John Deere, But the JD's I have worked on were real pita's to repair due to poor design IMO. They left me thinking whoever designed this should be :shoot2: . Good luck with the 400, hopefully you have better luck than me with the JD brand name.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
I haven't worked on or used an older 400 series John Deere, But the JD's I have worked on were real pita's to repair due to poor design IMO. They left me thinking whoever designed this should be :shoot2: . Good luck with the 400, hopefully you have better luck than me with the JD brand name.
A friend worked at a JD dealer for about 10 years as a mechanic. I was replacing the stearing clutches on my Allis Chalmers Dozer when he came to visit. After seeing what I was doing he complained about how difficult Deeres were to work on compared to other brands. They don't design for ease of repair.

BTW: Nothing Runs Like A Deere, until a Bolens runs over it.

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
I know it's green and yellow but it's no slouch. Tell them Bolens not to poke the bear. It may bite back haha. I'm not a Deere guy but really like my 400 series. And yes they're more bear than a deere. It was the monster in my bunch until the big Massey showed up. Now they're all buddies.

Eric

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Reactions: oldedeeres
1 - 14 of 14 Posts