Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, back story.

These bed frames have been in the rafters of the old garage since Pre 68. Google shows 1900ish on the this older one ? Maybe? Info as well as marketability are all over the map here and BFtalk.com is for best friends...
Plant Land lot Slope Grass Wire fencing
Plant Grass People in nature Agriculture Groundcover
Plant Wood Grass Lock Brick

Measures about 4.5 x 6 ft

The second one is newer and hollow. While still old, I am guessing and 40-50's here

Wood Grass Metal Soil Pipe
Furniture Wood Grass Plant Outdoor furniture
Wall Art Urban design Wood Grass

Anyone give me a decent lead on if these are something to keep, unload, scrap, or ???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,617 Posts
OK, back story.

These bed frames have been in the rafters of the old garage since Pre 68. Google shows 1900ish on the this older one ? Maybe? Info as well as marketability are all over the map here and BFtalk.com is for best friends...
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Measures about 4.5 x 6 ft

The second one is newer and hollow. While still old, I am guessing and 40-50's here

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Anyone give me a decent lead on if these are something to keep, unload, scrap, or ???
Alan, I haven't a clue as to value. Sell them on e-bay to the highest bidder!

·
486 Posts
While they may not be worth a tremendous amount of money, I would agree with Lmiller's thoughts and do some asking around at some local antique places. You migth sell them to a dealer who could restore them for resale. Or, you could do that yourself.

"and BFtalk.com is for best friends..."

So which one is you BFF? (bed frame forever) sleep-in-bed.gif

Reactions: MH81

·
1,824 Posts
You could always have it restored by the American Restorations TV show crew.

It should only cost $8000ish.

·
enjoyin the livin part of life!
1,083 Posts
My daughters first real bed was quite similar to the first bed pictured,as far as value goes I've seen beds in similar condition go for upwards of $100 at local auctions.My daughters bed has about the same story as MH81's bed as we pulled it from the attic of an old farm house before the mines knocked it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts