Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this tractor this spring. I should have paid more attention to my father working on things when I was a girl. He has been gone for 8 years now but, if he were here he'd fix the old girl in a jiffy. I have to tap on the carburater to keep her running...sometimes works sometimes not!! she drips gas. does anyone have a diagram of this carb.so I will know what Im looking at??

·
4,473 Posts
I am not the Bolens expert here but the carb should have a float and needle and seat that is sticking.
Take the carb off and clean very good and I'll bet it will run.

By the way welcome to GTtalk.
Enjoy

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
A location would help. There might be a member close to your area that may be able to help. It does sound like either a stuck float needle or bad float adjustment. Tapping the carb will help seat the needle temporarily, or open it depending on what the actual problem is.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,263 Posts
The 1962 Bolens 600 was equipped with a Briggs & Stratton engine (painted gold to match your tractor) model # 143302.

Someone else may be able to help with the correct info, or you may do a google search for B&S parts diagrams or manuals online.

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
Well, welcome to the forum! You will find more than enough info and plenty of good people who are happy to help. Along with that you will not find too many folks who are stiff, stuffy and give you answers like, "Well if you google it you will find the answer." The only bad thing here is the occasional "bad" joke.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
:wave: cricket Welcome to GTTalk! I'll leave this one to those more knowledgeable than I. Carbs have always been my nemesis LOL. I hope that you enjoy the forum and find the information that you seek.

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Bruce Dorsi said:
The 1962 Bolens 600 was equipped with a Briggs & Stratton engine (painted gold to match your tractor) model # 143302.

Someone else may be able to help with the correct info, or you may do a google search for B&S parts diagrams or manuals online.
:ditto:

I May have a Briggs diagram..... I will look

·
Super Moderator
54,142 Posts
Cricket, welcome to the forum. Looks like several are helping. That's what is great about this forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts