Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Homelite Owner Extraordinaire
3,174 Posts
A little over 2,000 miles a year for 56 years ( aveage) and it still looks and runs great. Oil changed every 1,000 miles. Awsome story lovely lady. Thanks for sharing this story. Roger.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is pretty neat. It is great that she has driven it instead of putting it in a garage and looking at it.
Thats all i could think of... How many people have cars like that and only look at em....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Like she said 'why didn't you', thank you for the story, very nice and she appears to be a very nice lady with common sense.

Dick

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,772 Posts
That is about the coolest video I've ever seen! I love the part where she says "I was raised during the depression and we learned how to take care of things" And of course her last statement was a great way to close the video and that says it all!

She has my Mom beat by a lot of years, but Mom bought a 1970 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 in 1971 (I got my first drivers license in it that year) and drove it until at 78 it was getting to hard to climb up into 30 years later. Mom never even got a drivers license until 1963 when she was 40 years old! She has been gone 4 years now, and I have the Jimmy so it has been in the family for 42 years anyway. The wife and I have another GMC a '72 C2500 we bought in 1979 and are still driving it too. They are not nearly in as pristine condition as this beautiful lady's awesome '57 Chevy though.

Later---DAC

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is about the coolest video I've ever seen! I love the part where she says "I was raised during the depression and we learned how to take care of things" And of course her last statement was a great way to close the video and that says it all!

She has my Mom beat by a lot of years, but Mom bought a 1970 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 in 1971 (I got my first drivers license in it that year) and drove it until at 78 it was getting to hard to climb up into 30 years later. Mom never even got a drivers license until 1963 when she was 40 years old! She has been gone 4 years now, and I have the Jimmy so it has been in the family for 42 years anyway. The wife and I have another GMC a '72 C2500 we bought in 1979 and are still driving it too. They are not nearly in as pristine condition as this beautiful lady's awesome '57 Chevy though.

Later---DAC
I'm hoping my son enjoys my cuda when i had the keys over to him... But that will be 20 some years down the road...

Reactions: MFDAC

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Good looking car and to have had it all these years. Cool story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts