Discussion Starter · #22 ·
All fixed Stew. Fuse in there now.

Noel

Reactions: 29 Chev and KennyP

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Few more little things done. And may have a line on hydraulic pumps for the Case 224.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ordered used pumps from a fella in Ontario. Has a web site and takes apart tractors and sells parts. But he doesn’t ship he says. I said that’s to bad I would have bought both pumps. Oh, he says, let me see what I can do. Any way, I got two pumps. Nice fella. Three days to get here. Not to bad for regular Canada post delivery. $25.00 for shipping. So let’s just hope one of them works and that the tractor will move. I liked his choice of shipping box too !!! My pump is the orange one.

Noel

Attachments

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,236 Posts
Ordered used pumps from a fella in Ontario. Has a web site and takes apart tractors and sells parts. But he doesn’t ship he says. I said that’s to bad I would have bought both pumps. Oh, he says, let me see what I can do. Any way, I got two pumps. Nice fella. Three days to get here. Not to bad for regular Canada post delivery. $25.00 for shipping. So let’s just hope one of them works and that the tractor will move. I liked his choice of shipping box too !!! My pump is the orange one.

Noel
Glad you got another pump and that they shipped it at a reasonable price. As I am sure you are aware make sure you clean and flush any parts of the hydraulic lines, cooler and reservoirs as they will probably be contaminated with the damaged remains of the old pump - just a suggestion.

Hope you get it running soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yep. Will look into that soon Stew. Well maybe a week or so. Time is a runnin out to get stuff done. And the stuff for winter.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I don’t know if I mentioned this, but the mowing deck was seized up too. After sitting outside for a number of years. So today I figured I’d try and figure out how to get the deck off. And that way I could unseize it maybe. And be able to get at the hydrualic stuff. Nut 1 1/8” on centre pulley, so found a wrench to see if it would turn a few pulls either way and it started to move. Easier and easier as I turned it. So made a complete or more turn each way. Seemed loose enough. So started the engine, clicked on the pto, electric on this one, and away it went. Sounded good. Tryed a couple of times. Seem ok. I think the belt was stuck to the pulley was some of the trouble. Will grease and oil things if I can get the deck out. But I’d say if the hydraulics were working it would cut grass with not problem. On to the next step.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got the deck off. Not to bad to do. Never seen one before. So spent 1/2 the time looking at it. Be able to work at hydraulics a bit easier now.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Tractor maybe going to my sons place. He has a hoist. Be easier to work on hydraulics.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well tractor didn’t go. Some other time maybe. But did get the deck up on the bench. Son helped with taking the JD thrower off the bench and put Case deck on it. Man the JD thrower is some heavy. Saw somewhere it’s 275 lbs, I believe it.
Got the belt cover off. And found this. Was expecting it.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So cleaned out the deck mostly and found holes there. Where the deck was not covered the metal is good. Deck metal is 5/32” thick. So a few things to fix. Once I get the tractor moving, if I get the tractor moving, I’ll put the deck back on a use it a few times and see how it goes. If tractor and deck seem reasonable, deck repair maybe a winter project. Not much belt wrap around pulley to drive every thing.
And do you think I need new wheels ????

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
I'd say those wheel have seen better days.

Reactions: propane1

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So got a hydraulic line off the Case 224 today and found a small amount of aluminum pieces in the fluid from the chewed up pump. So I’ll have to continue on farther. This line goes from the pump to the pto valve at the back of the tractor first then returns to the travel valve. Seemed strange, but that’s the way it’s hooked up. All original lines, so that is the way it was done, I figure. If there was no pto valve, the outlet from the pump would go directly to the travel valve.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
You may have to flush the whole system.

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So today it took of some lines and drain oil out of them and cleaned. Some were dirty some not. Hardly any aluminum pieces in any of it. So I’ll clean the hydraulic tank and inlet hose. I’ll install the pump. Where it comes back to the hydraulic tank, I will have a container to put the oil into. And not back into the tank. I’ll have to get a bunch of oil. And start flushing. Doing one section at a time. Do the main system first, then both cylinders, then the drive motor. Hopefully it works.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Too bad there isn't a way to put a big filter inline.

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Got the lines back on the 3 point hitch, and the cylinder for it was stuck, so got that moving and got the pump installed, sort of. Need to tighten the bolts in yet. What a job the get the love joy coupler together. Any way, next step.

Noel

Attachments

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Another home remedy found today. Crank shaft was cut off. I guess to make the love joy coupler fit. Because it was not original either. So I don’t know if it’s a different motor or different crank. Finding lots of home made fixes on this one.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tomorrow maybe the day I see if it drives and operates all the controls. Mostly all back together just two lines to hook up and will start flushing the system. Cleaned out what I could, so will see what happens. Gunna be a messy day maybe. Oil everywhere. Hehe.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well things are going along, cylinders move and wheels finally moved, I’ve put about 20 litres of oil thru it. I’m not convinced that it will work yet, but she empties the reservoir so fast when you run the wheels it’s hard to see what’s happening. So I’ll rehook the hoses the way they are suppose to be and refill with the 15-40 oil. Tank is empty now so good time to do it. So about 25 litres of oil used to flush and fill. Getting expensive.

Noel.

Attachments

Reactions: IHCubCadet147
21 - 40 of 48 Posts