Garden Tractor Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Rehooked lines and filled to half way on tank with the 15-40. So it will be a mixture of 10-30 and 15-40. Oh well. It’ll work fine. Next step is to rig up me battery and take it of the Jack, find a soft blanket for a seat, no seat on it yet, and go for a drive.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well so far it works. Had it out for a little drive in the down pouring rain. Couldn’t help myself. I’ll put the mowing deck back on next week and try cutting with it. Clean up the thing a bit too. And gotta clean up the mess too, in the garage.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So had it out driving around , in the rain, couldn’t wait for the rain to stop. Any way. So far it’s working good. Having a little trouble with the rear hitch hose routing. If you handle for the rear pto is move the wrong way, it kills the engine. Fluid won’t move and it dead heads, so a buddy, who is a diesel mechanic and does hydraulic work on these trucks, he was telling me this. And this is maybe what ruined the old pump. Maybe.
Noel

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
I have a lead on a travel/lift valve for mine if I can afford it.

Reactions: propane1

·
Registered
825 Posts
So had it out driving around , in the rain, couldn’t wait for the rain to stop. Any way. So far it’s working good. Having a little trouble with the rear hitch hose routing. If you handle for the rear pto is move the wrong way, it kills the engine. Fluid won’t move and it dead heads, so a buddy, who is a diesel mechanic and does hydraulic work on these trucks, he was telling me this. And this is maybe what ruined the old pump. Maybe.
Noel
He is right, if the rear pto is hooked up when the tiller is off hose should be looped on pto . When I remove my tiller I leave one hose on the pto and one on the tiller looping them back on their self .

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks gopher.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So put the deck back on the Case 224 and cut the grass. Worked great. Still have stuff to do to it yet. Battery tray, battery, heat shield between engine and battery, seat, rust on the deck, and change the rear end fliud, which I’m doing now. Made some nice job of grass cutting.

Attachments

41 - 48 of 48 Posts