Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this from twostep. It's in rough shape but some what complete. I've never had a hydro with a two speed rear. It's also got dual hydraulics. With my main tractor down this bad boy may be my new main tractor.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It will certainly do the job for you. It is nice to have 2 hyd. circuits.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I knew a guy in Indianapolis was parting two 1655's I believe hoods are the same. I know it's some distant, but maybe we can tag team it if any members out that way if he still has them.

·
Super Moderator
54,371 Posts
Good luck with it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is it a length, width, or mounting issue? Just curious.
Well, the 18xx series are longer by about 5.5" give or take. As far as the xx50 vs xx55, the under hood baffling/heat shielding is different as well to fit around the Onan vs Kohler engines. A few of the old tractors I've had, had the shielding cut to pieces, which may or may not have been indicative of having been swapped around from a 50 to 55 series?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered these as I know it's something I'll need soon. I don't think Bobby and I are going to make a deal on his massey 1650. I would have liked to have it but no biggie. I'm still happy with this one. On a good note the guy he had lined up to buy the hood looks like a no show so that's one less thing I'll have to find. I should have the tires swapped so I can at least role it around. I hope to get into the engine as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think I'm going to restore this this winter. I've been decreasing and it's actually in great shape. The seat slides even work. I think I'm going to get it in working condition and be done with it for the time being.

Posted Image

There it's blue rtv around the pump. I wonder if someone has been in the pump. The pump shaft also spends freely.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Starter, carb, and rectifier are on there way. Where would one get engine mounts?

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The drive shaft couplers came in. There still isnt alot I can do with it to get it working until i find the engine mount bushings. Does anyone know where I can get them?

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that was the first place I looked. NLA

·
Rockstar
2,546 Posts

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those might do the trick. I'll have to play around with it and see. I'm more of a solid mounted engine kinda guy anyways. Yeap on the deal... David massey 1650/ pile o parts owner

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I haven't. I might give them a call next week. There might be a good set on the massey I'm getting from Bobby

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
On my Massey 1650 I repowered with a 20hp Onan, I took the rubber mounts out & replaced with solid. Much better solid mounted I think.

·
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I prefer solid mount. In my head rubber mounts are an excuse to build and install a less balanced engine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts