Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that when I put the throttle wide open it creeps back to a lesser rpm. i have some ideas but what to know what is the best fix for this.

also what is the best plow for this tractor? (MF 12. ) I have a old horse drawn plow that I could try to convert.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
The rivet (center pivot) on the throttle control needs to be tightened up, you can remove the control and peen it over with a hammer and punch or if your real careful you can squish it with a pair of vise grips or large channel locks.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I just looked thru your Craigslist, It's pretty lite on Brinly stuff. Can't believe there isn't any.
I would put up a couple of ads in the areas you'd be willing to drive to. It's free & may get you what you need without having to build/tweak/repeat.

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MH81 said:
I just looked thru your Craigslist, It's pretty lite on Brinly stuff. Can't believe there isn't any.
I would put up a couple of ads in the areas you'd be willing to drive to. It's free & may get you what you need without having to build/tweak/repeat.
I think most of the tractors are on the east coast. so not much here for the small stuff. and I don't need a 20 bottom plow!!

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
If trying to tighten the rivet doesn't work you can always drill it out and put a bolt and two nuts on along with some loctite to keep the nuts locked in place once you get it at the right tension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts