Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have my throttle cable hooked directly to the carb throttle. There's a bracket bolted to the head, that isn't being used. I know it's supposed to have a spring and other parts, but don't know how it's suppose to look. I think it'ssuppose to utilize the governor somehow. I'd like to post pics, but i can't from a mobile device. Any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and i did check the recent thread on the mf8, but looks to be a very different setup all together :)

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Here is a picture Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive design

out of this manual.

Here's a pic of how my MF7G was when I got it. Linkage rod from gov

was wrong, and the spring missing. But you can kinda see where throttle

cable hooked to, and mounts. Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper Wheel

I don't have a pic of it when I finished with it, but just this afternoon I brought

my MF7H into the shop. I'll snap some pics of that setup tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very interesting...thanks! Mine must have a different carb on it, i don't have the long arm for the choke and my choke connections are on the side, not on top....thanks again for the quick response!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Those where used on Kohler 7 & 8 HP (K161 & K181)

Probably other engines too.

Much nicer carb.

So, you'll probably have to make up your

own Gov linkage rod, and play with various spring strengths to get it

set up.

I'll post pics of the 7H tomorrow. That may shed some more light.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hey, fishingbud.

This is good, that Alan (MH81) has chimed in. He also has a MF7, and a couple

years ago, when I was trying to figure out my MF7G carb, he came to the rescue.

Hopefully, he still has those pictures handy, and stops back into this thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies here folks!....I'm gonna try to get some pics up on here somehow ha... Oh and i saw a nice mf 12 while riding the motorcycle around, i wanted to Stop, but i was riding with others....

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Got a minute to grab pics last nite. The first three are of the runner with the changed air cleaner. The next 4 are the unaltered parts unit.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Vehicle Rim Motor vehicle Automotive tire Revolver Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Grey Wood Gas Tints and shades Automotive tire Brown Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Wood Automotive tire Gas Tints and shades Electrical wiring

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol thanks mf1 for the pics. I kinda get where things are supposed to go, but like someone said, I'll potion just fab up some simple brackets and putz around that way

1 - 20 of 21 Posts