Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are replacement tines readily available for bolens tubeframe tillers? i was looking at one down the road from me but the tines were worn quite a bit. and it was a squareback =D

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Yeah, The tines are still readily available

Part numbers: 1709387 (Right hand bend) 1709388 (Left hand bend)

Here are the new part numbers for the tines as well: 1709387001 & 1709388001

The only problem is that they around $20-30 per tine depending where you buy them from

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
I think on a 25'' tiller you need 12 of each
OUCH! That's a lot of money! I think I'd be trying to find some gently used ones! Maybe even another tiller with good ones on it!

·
757 Posts
Yeah, The tines are still readily available

Part numbers: 1709387 (Right hand bend) 1709388 (Left hand bend)

Here are the new part numbers for the tines as well: 1709387001 & 1709388001

The only problem is that they around $20-30 per tine depending where you buy them from
thats brutal its funny there warranted for life but there is no dealer out there that will deal them

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
thats brutal its funny there warranted for life but there is no dealer out there that will deal them
Well,
MTD still owns the Bolens name I believe and I wonder if they are still obligated to warranty the stuff....
Wonder what the guy would say if I brought one of my tines to him and asked him to replace them

·
757 Posts
Well,
MTD still owns the Bolens name I believe and I wonder if they are still obligated to warranty the stuff....
Wonder what the guy would say if I brought one of my tines to him and asked him to replace them
I had thought of doing that but they would be like what are you talking about .. well the tines are warranted for life and one broke sense mtd bought bolens they should obligated the warranty it would be worth a shot

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
I'm sure that there's some legal mumbo-jumbo that gets them out of it. It would be worth a shot to look into it though...the worst they could do is say no, and maybe laugh a little!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts