Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a few parts. Mower deck, reel mower, and some wheel weights.
Looks like the reel mower is missing a few parts. The chain guard and the drive shaft guard. If anyone has these parts that there willing to part with, please pm me.
The wheel weights are ones that I was asking about in a previous topic. They have numbers on them, does anyone know if these are bolens numbers ?

Attachments

·
145 Posts
Nice score!

Sorry I can't help with parts, but I looked in the 1987 Bolens Equipment Service Seminar book and the number I found for tube frame front wheel weights was 21741. Q-series tractors and the large-frames had a choice of 18031, 18032 or 18012 front weights. All 5 digit numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Not bolens weights.

Reactions: Rainier

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
You might be able to come up with a chain guard through McMaster-Carr. My reel mower looked like your when I got it and I too needed a chain guard. I investigated McMaster-Carr and it looked like they could supply something that would very closely approximate the original from Bolens. Just when I was about to buy from them, I stumbled across an original at Sam's Bolens on a visit over there, and bought it instead.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Ranier. Are those the weights I've seen on CL down in Salem? I didn't see the reel mower listing. Did you get it all from the same seller? Nice pick ups. I would like to get my hands on a reel mower.

·
1,206 Posts
Your reel mower looks pretty decent. I've got one that I started to restore last summer still not done....

Reactions: Rainier

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I got all of it from the same person. He had two of trees mowers and was willing to part with one of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts