Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,657 Posts
Have you all cleared old cookies and the cache? May be something in there keeping you out. I have my browser set to clear all that every time I close it.

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Eggman's Dad
1,131 Posts
Kenny, I can't get in from any desktop. Tried three different networks, and two different browsers on each. Cleared the cache on each attempt, no joy. I can still get in from my phone, so it may be a DNS issue.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Can't get in either. Had this same issue about a year ago and it was something to do with the site . Maybe the same issue has happened , just saying ???

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,704 Posts
I still cannot get to the site - either with my tablet or PC as I just tried again this morning. Usually use Microsoft Edge and Firefox - but just for the fun of it I downloaded and installed Google chrome and tried to go to the TF website after I found a link using a google search with the newly installed web browser - but still got the time out issue - would not think there would be any cache or cookies existing on a newly installed program. Since people using phones seem to be able to get on the site OK I would guess that most of the members who are having problems are trying to access the site using a PC or tablet like I am.

·
Super Moderator
55,657 Posts
I still cannot get to the site - either with my tablet or PC as I just tried again this morning. Usually use Microsoft Edge and Firefox - but just for the fun of it I downloaded and installed Google chrome and tried to go to the TF website after I found a link using a google search with the newly installed web browser - but still got the time out issue - would not think there would be any cache or cookies existing on a newly installed program. Since people using phones seem to be able to get on the site OK I would guess that most of the members who are having problems are trying to access the site using a PC or tablet like I am.
I only use a PC. So there is another issue. I'll copy and past your post to see if that helps.

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,704 Posts
I only use a PC. So there is another issue. I'll copy and past your post to see if that helps.
I checked with my internet service provider this afternoon to see if they could access the TF website and they tried and got the same time out message so I do not believe it is an issue with my cookies or cache or devices. I also found three different websites that could check to see if a website is up or down - Helps you find whether the website you are trying to browse is down or not. Check if the website is down just for you or everyone around the globe. Is it down? Check at Down for Everyone or Just Me and Is it down? Check the status of any website | Freshping

Here are the responses I got for the TF website - two show it is up and one says it is down.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software
Product Font Material property Rectangle Parallel
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

The site that shows that TF is down describes how they test to see if a site is up or down as per the attached screenshot.
Font Screenshot Number Electric blue Document

The website states they test from a region that is closest to me which in my case I would assume would be a region that is located in Canada. Given that members in the USA appear to also be having problems accessing the TF website I would tend to believe that it is not an identical problem to the last time where the Admin forgot to add Canada to the list of countries that could access the site. I do believe it is a problem that is originating at the TF website (as opposed to an individual members device) that is blocking or not responding to certain regional servers as they try and communicate with the TF website but it does not appear to be country specific. As I stated earlier for me it is not a big deal but hopefully this information will help the Admin on TF to try and identify and fix the problem for other members. Thanks for your help with this Kenny

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,584 Posts
Last week I was having trouble getting in on my laptop. My provider is a small fixed wireless system. I went to my phone, shut off the WIFI and tried with my Rogers cell connection. When I put in my password, a notice came up that I should change my password due to some security thing. I did that and I was able to get in. Kenny then said he was contacting the admins on TF and after that my laptop was fine again......I have been good since.

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,704 Posts
Still can't access tractor fanatics keep getting same message that can't access the site.
The TF website is still off limits for me as well. Do you use a phone or a personal computer when you try to visit the site?
It seems to be a problem for some members about once a year - wonder if they did another software or security update recently and some of the magic settings got changed?? tractorfanatics.com website?

Have faith as I am sure eventually someone over there will figure it out - could be a lot worse - wonder if Propane1 is still in the dark in PEI? When member Poncho62 was having issues last week I was still able to get on to the site ok but about the time he was able to get back on again was when I could no longer access the site.

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,704 Posts

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,704 Posts
Nope, I still can't get in. Do you suppose they are trying to get rid of us? I thought I heard something about wanting to turn our site into a yoga studio.
Maybe they are thinning the herd??

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,584 Posts
Have faith as I am sure eventually someone over there will figure it out - could be a lot worse - wonder if Propane1 is still in the dark in PEI? When member Poncho62 was having issues last week I was still able to get on to the site ok but about the time he was able to get back on again was when I could no longer access the site.
Propane1 (Noel) is OK, power still out but he posted some pics of the damage on TF. Don't know if this will work.

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,704 Posts
Propane1 (Noel) is OK, power still out but he posted some pics of the damage on TF. Don't know if this will work.
Thanks for the update on Noel - glad he is ok. The cleanup out east will be a slow one as I watched some of the CTV Atlantic stations new broadcasts earlier this week - a lot of damage in a short time.
Sadly - the links you posted to the pictures on TF are just teasers for me as the only link in your post that works for me is the one to the Veggie Forum - the rest just time out and I am guessing that anyone else who cannot get to the TF website has the same issue when they try to view the pictures at the links.

There once was a website a few years ago
That as a ship was described as sinking and it would soon disappear into waters below
A new website was started and proclaimed to be "the one"
That everyone should go to for new tractor fun
Perhaps someone there is blocking some members till they get paid more dough?

21 - 40 of 99 Posts