Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
They say those LT133's are the bottom line JD's.. I had one for three years.. i got it for free from someone that mowed 3 acres on a hill for ten years with it. I passed it along to a friend three years ago.. Its still mowing just fine.. Don't discount that little machine..

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
:poke: :poke: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

photobucket-42762-1365554362836_zps8d15d
Hallo TAHOE, I know a scrap yard close to your home - only some thousend miles. Here's the address: Hersfelderstraße 7, 34587 Felsberg, Hessen, Deutschland. :smilewink:

Reactions: Team_Green

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
Yuck! There's mold all over your trailer!

Reactions: superaben

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Here's the evidence that other people deliver gems to my junk yard, too :D :smilewink:
Wagener must be related to Wagner, my last name. I know my family came to America in the 1710's: I guess we still have cousins in Germany!

Ben W.

Reactions: jd.rasentrac

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHA, thanks for the comments, I was wondering what kind of responses I would get.

I was waiting for at least one member to asked for me to be banned :angel:

I just posted the pic/caption for fun, I know many of us are brand loyal, hope no one was offended. :wave:

I personally am not a fan of JD's, just my tastes, but seems that's all I've been working on as of late.

Gotta quit that too, don't want any of the green rubbing off on my yellow and blue Sears and Red Massey :smilewink:

The two in the pic, the rear is a LX178, dropping it off to a friend after I did a spring tune up, fluids change, sharpen the 6 blades, etc. Never seen a small lawn tractor that was water cooled. I will say, of the three I have worked on ( GT242, LX178, LT133) it seems the best built and higher quality of the 3.

Of course, all 3 have the plastic hoods...seriously :wallbanging:

The front one is a LT133, another friend bought a new 320 for his aunt, donating her "old" one to the church. I'm the "mechanic" of the church trustees so I get to clean it up, make sure it's running, etc.

I'm 4th generation removed from Germany too, my last name is Sackenheim :D

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
My grandmother (Moms side) spoke nothing but German.

Reactions: jd.rasentrac

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
Wagener must be related to Wagner, my last name. I know my family came to America in the 1710's: I guess we still have cousins in Germany!

Ben W.
You'll find both ways to write this name. Wagner is a profession, formerly this people build waggons.

@ TAHOE: here you can see where the Sackenheim live today in D Map World Font Pattern Circle

thanx, this topic was a great joke - just correct for april, 1st next year

Attachments

Reactions: TAHOE

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's pretty cool map, thanks. We've traced some of our ancestry back to late 1700's but that's as far as we can find.

I forget exact town my great grandparents came from, have to look it up when I get home. They came to USA in 1880's

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wont be much left
Now I have to take particular offense at any denegration of John Deere for using plastic in their tractor production. It is a well known fact that John Deere's "Xenoy" and "NORYL" plastics are "strong and reduce noise" and it is well known that JD wants it's owners to have the very best tractor owning experience that can possibly be. In fact, like most manufacturers in today's market, JD goes to great length to see that it uses plastics in as many places on it's tractors as it possibly can! Once again assuring the owner of a high value in a very competitive market. I defy anyone to compare JD's plastics to any other tractor brand and find their plastic deficient or used in fewer places than any other comparable brand offered.

The proven weight savings of the increased use of plastic parts allows JD owners to customize their tractor's weight exactly to their needs by purchasing aftermarket steel wheel weights, suitcase style steel hanging weights or filling the tires with otherwise useless beet juice. The use of this fluid helps other members of the Agriculture Industry increase their bottom line in a difficult current market, yet another benefit of JD's total awareness of today's marketing necessities. As everyone will no doubt agree, the trend is to more and varied creative uses of plastic across the entire spectrum of the tractor industry and John Deere evidently is proud to lead the way.*

* BTW, do we have a "BS Icon" yet? :D

Yes we do, here it is: :bs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts