Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not sure if you guys seen it or not but both pof the gtx's were finished and mowing well. Then one day last week, the gtx 16 all of the sudden started making grinding noises and not turn the blades and upon inspection the pulley that goes below the gearbox and drives then blades fell down off the shaft. When we took the gearbox back off again we noticed the set screws had come loose and the pulley slipped down off the shaft....but not before f'n up the inside of the pulley and really wedging the keyway into the shaft. The pulley is shot and i will try and take some pics for you at some point. As for the gearbox it was f'd up too, so much so we couldnt get the key out, and spent hours drilling, punching...pretty much anything we could come up with and we could not get it out no matter what we did. Fortunitly there is a guy who works on farm equipment up the road for us and we gave the gearbox to him and he was able to get the key out:yelclap: So now we are down to finding a new pulley, but here is the problem.....THE PULLEY HASNT BEEN MANUFACTURED SINCE 2003, AND EVERY PLACE WE TRIED HAS NONE IN STOCK:wallbanging: So I really need your guys help here....I need to find a new or good used pulley for this thing and I dont know where to turn and I hate to say it but if we cannot find a pulley....The GTX 16 will never mow yard again and we will have to buy a new tractor:wallbanging: ALL BECAUSE OF THIS F'N PULLEY!!!! PLEASE HELP:worshippy1::worshippy1:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
If you get the measurements of the pulley I would think that either McMaster Carr or Grainger would have them. You will have to order it but at least you should be able to get one.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Surplus center could have it too.

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
Possibility that a mower shop may have something that would interchange. Just take it with you so they can match size.

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
what about the GTX20? dont that have a mower deck?

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bhts said:
If you tell me which deck you have. I should have the pulley you need.
14026 is the deck number, I believe it is 5.25 diameter, .75 shaft size it has 2 hold down screws in it, I will try and take a pic when I get home

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bhts said:
ok i have the pulley just pm me.
great!!! Pm sent!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts