Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help identify this mid mount blade for a friend. It is mounted on his Tube Frame 1000. It is not a Hydro Speed blade (to my knowledge). The blade is 42" wide. Possibly an early Arps or Johnson Terra blade? Anyone have any documents for the Arps or Johnson? Maybe ARK? It looks to be original and far too good to be homemade. I can't seem to find anything on it. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not sure but definitely does not look to good to be home made, rough welds and seems a bit cobbled together from what I see. I could be wrong and it may have just been repaired and or modified but I have seen very good quality home built items.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure but definitely does not look to good to be home made, rough welds and seems a bit cobbled together from what I see. I could be wrong and it may have just been repaired and or modified but I have seen very good quality home built items.
Definitely not ruling out any possibilities.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Imo its home made but I'm just a small sime collector

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
I'd lean more towards home built,but a good job though. It just seems to me that there's to much iron in places and not enough in others.

Reactions: ClassicBolens

·
483 Posts
We have a member that goes by the name of Husky on here and he just put a factory on a 900. you might want to find him and send him a PM. That mid mount does not look anything like his so I would have to say it is homemade and I must say a very nice job in doing so.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The concensus points to this being homemade, however I want to cover all the bases before making an absolute judgement. Does anyone have any documents the Arps, Johnson Terra blade, or ARK built grader blades? I believe Haban may have also built a few mid mount blades at one time. Google searches seem to only come up with info on the Hydro-speed built blades.

·
1,206 Posts
Yes, that is certainly not the hydroseed model like mine. It looks pretty nice though whatever it is. You don't suppose that those big holes at the end of the mount bracket would align with the rock shaft on a large frame??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts