Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The smaller, newer one had been disassembled, given a poor repaint, and reassembled. Put together wrong. It was reassembled so the drive assembly was on the wrong side, so the engine had to be put on backwards to align the drive on the engine crankshaft with the drive pulley on the tractor. Assembled that way the sickle mower could not be used because it's drive pulley was on the opposite side. I rearranged it so now the engine goes gas tank forward, as it should, and the drive aligns with the drive pulley on the sickle mower, and will align with other belt driven attachments I might find.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Before - wrong.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Tread

After- the correct way. See how the pulley(s) on the engine now align with the pulley on the mower.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wood Gas Font Recreation Paint

I visited the previous owner and got some of the missing parts to the smaller one. Good, a few less parts I'll have to make.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Manhole cover
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Locking hubs

He also gave me the original Clinton engine for the bigger one. There is something missing from the original recoil starter though. Something goes between the rope/spring pulley and the cup on the crankshaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts