Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this Dura-Trac & it has this flap mounted on the rear. Obviously factory, warning tag says "This guard must be installed on tractor when using rear discharge mower" Never saw one before. The mower deck I got with the tractor is not a rear discharge, wish it was. Wife gets upset when I blow grass into her fish pond.

Skip

Attachments

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I would think a rear discharge deck would be more prone to windrowing. I leave the deflector off my deck as it is bolted on and has to be removed to put the grass catcher on. Does a lot better job of spreading the clippings that way also.

Reactions: tractorskipper

·
1,205 Posts
I've had a rear discharge deck but never used it. I heard they make a real mess under the tractor. That guard is a first for me, never knew they made one.

Reactions: tractorskipper

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
I have no clue. Cant think of any reason for it. Also, is that a blolens built machine?
Trans. reminds me of the Qt'series
That's the Duratrac series,Bolens built right before Troy-bilt got involved,same as the red Troy-bolt GTX tractor,very good machine,cut very well,with the 48" deck,the 60"deck that you could get cut well if you had a nice level lawn if not they tend to scalp alot,but seemed to be hard on the electric pto coil

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That's the Duratrac series,Bolens built right before Troy-bilt got involved,same as the red Troy-bolt GTX tractor,very good machine,cut very well,with the 48" deck,the 60"deck that you could get cut well if you had a nice level lawn if not they tend to scalp alot,but seemed to be hard on the electric pto coil
i never understood electric pto's

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had a rear discharge deck but never used it. I heard they make a real mess under the tractor. That guard is a first for me, never knew they made one.
Makes sense as there was a lot of grass packed under the seat deck, around the gas tank & rear end in general.

Seems rear discharge decks are more common in the Wheel Horse line, seen lots of them. SIL has an old 8 HP WH and it does a nice job. Doesn't throw grass all over the sidewalks, driveway, etc.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a Troy-Bilt GTX that obviously was built during the transition as the hood decals said "Bolens by Troy-Bilt Misc Pics 6080.jpg Misc Pics 6080.jpg "

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts