Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an update from Barry, this is what he sent:

I am still in New Hampshire, hoping to go back to Conn. Tomorrow. I have to go to a rehab hospital and learn to be able to get into my house with a walker. The pain is the worst I have ever experienced. I am going to be laid up for probably 6 months. No tractor stuff until after the new year. I have a pin and 2 screws permanently attached to the femur. My new tractors made it home Sunday nite. When I am home, I can read all the manuals I have collected.

So even though he got hurt, he's been stuck in a hospital away from his home and family, he still has the Bolens bug for sure! Hopefully Barry has a speedy recovery and can enjoy those new tractors soon!

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
And Barry can join us on GTTalk while he recuperates.

Reactions: KennyP

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang! I'm always thinking of a "what if" and it happened to someone else. Too bad :(
Yea, I've loaded several tractors this year, and most of the time I have my 18mo old son with me. He's climbing all over the tractor and trailer while I strap the tractor down. When I load I usually got my mind on keeping my son safe, and getting done quick before my son falls, or gets all covered in grease or oil, or gets hurt climbing on the tractor. So I'm not really focused on me, or my footing. I'm not saying that Barry was doing anything wrong, but this incident has definitely made me think I better slow down, be more cautious while loading, and keep my son in his car seat or on the ground while loading somehow!

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts
Get healed up Barry, that is very unfortunate for sure. Glad you didn't do yourself worse, as it is it's plenty bad. Speedy recovery and my hope is your Bolens addiction is pleasantly tolerated by your wife ( if applies) if not, as painful as this is consider yourself cured the tough way, because chances are there will be no doubt she has .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts