Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd let those that have been kind enough to be following my wife's hip replacement saga know the latest. She seems to have shaken the second bacterial infection, and is doing well. They're letting her use a rollator ( four wheel walker ) and will order her own when they have a release date. Therapists took her for a walk to a local store where they all bought a treat the other day. It's more than a football field away from the rehab center, and they said she did well. I'll be visiting a Pedorthic Footwear Association (PFA) Certified Shoefitter and a Durable Medical Equipment supplier tomorrow to see about getting her special shoes because of the brace she has to wear, and a bone protusion that she has .. It fits into her old shoes, but they are so worn ( her version of comfortable )tthat she HAS to get new ones. Sneakers, that is. Heck, it's always been tough to get her to wear anything on her feet all these years..I think that's from her old farm days - must've liked the cow flaps between her toes, lol !!

We will see the surgeon again on Aug. 16. I "think" it's possible that she could be home before then, but we don' treally know. I hope it's soon, she's really homesick.

Okay, that's about it. Thanks for the well wishes, we appreciate them.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hope her recovery continues to improve, and she returns home.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I'm glad she is doing all right. I hope she is done with that infection and gets better at walking.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Thanks for the update OT. Sounds like she is coming along, just not as fast as everyone had hope for. But progress is good and she is going in the right direction. Hope her recovery continues.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
Glad that she is progressing. Please be patient with her progress and with yourself. This all very stressing for both of you. Try to make things easier for yourselves. An auto parts store that I patronized 44 years ago had a hand written sign that was so true. " Stress is to life, as sand is to the bearings of a new engine". It will wear you down. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Glad to hear she is on the mend.. NOW get your arse in gear and clean up and mow the lawn..

Reactions: backwoods

·
Anything Red . . .
12,067 Posts
Heck, it's always been tough to get her to wear anything on her feet all these years..I think that's from her old farm days - must've liked the cow flaps between her toes, lol !!
Good to hear she's doing well, OT!

When I read the above, I first looked at your avatar to remember where your from. How far south of Boston do you mean???

·
Super Moderator
54,838 Posts
Glad to hear she is doing better. Hope she comes home soon!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Hope/pray the mending continues & speeds up even. Not easy to see those you love in pain.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It sounds like Mrs Ot will be back home with you soon. My dad had a hip replacement about 4 years ago and his operation and recovery went pretty well. He suffered terrible pain for several years before the hip was replaced. He is pain free now and the hip does not limit him in any way. Heres hoping Mrs Ot reaches that point soon!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That's great Ed, hope she continues to head in the rite direction. She will be home soon so you can drive her nuts full time again. : )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts