Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a place one time and saw a Massey Ferguson 6. The engine was locked up and the body was chipped. I would like to know what the value of one is restored because I don't want to have more money invested in it than it is worth. Any help would be appreciated.

·
4,482 Posts
WOW, that a tough question. I think it depends on who wants it and how bad. There does not seem a lot of them around. I think I got lucky with the one I found for $100 and just needed a carb cleaning.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
acguy96 said:
I was at a place one time and saw a Massey Ferguson 6. The engine was locked up and the body was chipped. I would like to know what the value of one is restored because I don't want to have more money invested in it than it is worth. Any help would be appreciated.
I've never seen a restored one for sale, so I can't help you with that #.
I can tell you that I paid 200 for mine, and it required very little fixing. Runs great. Needed clean up and some
paint on the metal parts. Cowl is original paint. There is a picture or two in gallery and registry.
What would I sell it for?
Never thought about that, because it's not for sale.
Sorry, I'm not much help.

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
I have an mf832 wich is similar to the 6. I have only seen one other massey RER for sale locally that sold for $75 within 10mins of being posted. It would be nice to see one on ebay that started at $o.o1 so we could see how high it would go, but location would vari too much to get a close estimate anywhere else.

personally i would probably buy it. even if it is a $100. but only if it is complete. if it was missing any specific part that only the RER's used i wouldn't pay hardly anything for it unless i'm looking for parts. (wich i'm not)........thank god

good luck....
I hope any of this helps

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
It is a hard question to answer, depends what you would be willing to sell it for and how much someone is willing to pay. You are not too far from me, if you decide you don't want it and don't mind passing on the info I would be appreciative :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.