Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,800 Posts
Since I brought up the E and E1 models I thought I'd document the differences. I'll try to keep the E pictures on the left and the E1 on the right. First up are the tags. The E tag is mounted on the trans inspection cover while the E1 is up under the tank bracket.

Font Wood Wall Commemorative plaque Concrete
Plant Font Motor vehicle Wood Metal

Next up is the gearbox cover and shifter. The E1 cover is more like the E2. The inspection covers are mounted different. The big tag visible on the E1 cover is the lubrication instructions.

Water Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Mode of transport
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Brick Plant

The blocks and jugs are also different. The E1 has a part number cast in the jug and the E doesn't. Looks like they both freeze crack the same!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Wood Gas
Automotive tire Art Artifact Font Wood

The last major difference is the engine side cover on the right side. the E1 has a 6 hole cover while the E only has 4.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,800 Posts
Doug thanks for the info.I didn`t know the difference.My E has a similar crack in it,and it came from southern California.Witch is older E or E1? Thanks Chuck
I would say its probably the E. Near as I can tell, vaughan seems to number all the ractors consecutively. In this instance there would be about 300 tractors between the two. The real question would be were there ever any E2s with the earlier E style gearbox cover and how much differrent is the inside?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts