Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well only one person has responded and he ended up being a scammer lying to me that he had a fender. He tried to scam me out of $200.00 for it. Stay away from a guy from Kansas City who only wants to be paid by a Money Gram.

I'm still in need of a fiberglass fender Thanks Mark

·
Tractorholic
8,386 Posts
I just did a tempest search for our cl , remember seeing a tractor a few months ago but nothing turned up . I had luck doing a " Wanted" in a local paper once have you tried that ? Good Luck , Al

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Well only one person has responded and he ended up being a scammer lying to me that he had a fender. He tried to scam me out of $200.00 for it. Stay away from a guy from Kansas City who only wants to be paid by a Money Gram.

I'm still in need of a fiberglass fender Thanks Mark
Mark,
I assume you have other ads out there, can you tell if the scammer got your info from here somehow?
That is why we don't permit private information to be posted in the open and dissuade members from doing it whenever we can. Sometimes, when we don't see it, private info gets thru.
The best and safest way to have a fellow member contact you is via the PM (private mesage) system of the website.
Along those lines, I am removing the info and replacing it with that statement,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never said the scammer was from this site I have adds on Craigslist also. I just wanted others to know about the scammer. I'm still in need for the fender or complete tractor. I will pay a finders fee for anyone who can help me find one. Thanks

·
Collecter
1,423 Posts
Here is a complete one,http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/4503538600.html

Old Springfield mower I believe it to be a 1964 or 1965 but I have no proof. It is not running but has good compression and I believe that the magneto is the problem on the 6 HP Tecumseh engine. I think that Toro bought Springfield and that was their start into the riding mower business. The mower is all original and complete. The fiberglass on the hood does need some minor repair and the left rear tire leaks. This is a project that I bought and have never had time to complete. This little mower would look great in the tractor parade at Denton. Phone or Texts are best as I am not good about checking.

00r0r_bLJOFkfZlPE_50x50c.jpg
00Z0Z_a14QYl8rvgk_600x450.jpg

·
376 Posts
Just found a guy with a complete fender pan and remembered this wanted ad. He said you can have it for free just pay shipping. This is not a scam. Send me your contact info and I'll put the two of you in touch.

·
376 Posts
I just realized - DUH - the one I pictured is a Toro not a Springfield. My appologies. Sorry

I remembered the Springfields had the fiberglass rear pan similar to this Toro and didnt even put two and two together. I used to have one of the Springfield 36's that looked just like this Toro and had the fender pan on it too.

·
376 Posts
The guy is using the frame etc for a home built project. Its already apart and I figured he had no need for the fender pan. Sure enough, he doesn't, thus the reason he's willing to let it go to a good home for free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts