Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
wow considering that in u.s. dollars thats almost $1400 up her in canada. but what can i say some stuff costs, i had 4 jd 140 3pt hitches, bought all 4 for $50, 3 yrs later sold them at $700 apiece, that why i was questioning what the hitch was worth on my sears,

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Did I miss something? I did not see anything that indicated it sold, just that it went off. Old trick. Can remove any listing for a variety of reasons, simplest is "No longer available".

Reactions: Gtractor

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did I miss something? I did not see anything that indicated it sold, just that it went off. Old trick. Can remove any listing for a variety of reasons, simplest is "No longer available".
I personally watched it increase from $260 with four hours to go to end at $991 with no reserve price mentioned. I'm pretty sure it sold for that price. There were a total of seven bidders bidding 39 times.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm probably weirder than most but if I want to see if something really sells on ebay I keep an eye on the "original listing," that can tell you if it gets relisted. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Massey-Ferguson-Riding-Garden-Tractor-Mower-MF14-3-PT-Hitch-/332221100018?hash=item4d59ebaff2%3Ag%3AXJ4AAOSwDiBZGPUi&nma=true&si=XtdttRjGR2815mCQj3qnCdCP8io%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Also I keep an eye on the "seller feedback" page, looks like he only sells a few things a month so should be easy to see if/when he gets feedback on it, or leaves fb for a paying buyer... http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bigred4x4&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=332221100018&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Seeing what GT stuff sells for makes old farm tractors seem like a bargain sometimes... for $500 more you can pretty much get a running 8n with rear 3pt and pto "all day long"...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm still finding it hard to believe it sold that high, I've got myself convinced the person who bid it up like that had to think it was tractor and all not just the hitch.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'm still finding it hard to believe it sold that high, I've got myself convinced the person who bid it up like that had to think it was tractor and all not just the hitch.
Or a NON payin SOB!!!

Reactions: MH81

·
Jack of all trades, master of none.
1,133 Posts
I could fab one that looks exactly the same for a 10th of that price

Reactions: Bob E

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Easy to get some "friends" to help with the bidding also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts