Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girl of 9 girl of 7 boy of 6.... The girls are angels truly.. dang near perfect. The boy... I was sure thinking duct tape and dog crate as 9 o clock rolled on.. Everything that boy didn't like.. I want to call my dad.. TOday was day one and that was only from 330 after school till 930 when he finally laid down..i have them till monday.. I may be a drunk by tuesday night.. good lord..

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL Good luck! It sounds like you may be drunk before Tuesday :beer: :D
I wish.. I promised no drinking while i have his kids.. I'm out in the country. Lots of places for the kid to run off to.. Im in the middle of a dry sump project but with all the snow we had this spring the dry sump os plumb full so i need to make sure the boy doesn't attempt to "swim".. bah.. Maybe one beer as soon as they go to bed tomorrow.. I need more caffeine to rid myself of the headache..

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
lil children, lil sorrows...

lets see what future brings!

Reactions: larryd

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I'm with JDBrian, CAT385B, and Shorty. Idle hands are bored hands. Trouble makes trouble if it is given time. Find something to occupy his time. Many kids act out just to get attention from adults. Besides, you may find mentoring a young person to be quite rewarding.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i talked to his dad after i posted this.... Thank goodness for the internet as the talk was free.. His dad out right told me that the boys mom pampers and spoils the boy cause he is the only boy at home most of the time (his dad works out of town lots) so he gets his way all the time and is allowed to do what he wants. So the next two days will be a real battle. as he can't just do what he wants here. I'm working on the house and i have construction materials and tools everywhere.. Yes the saw is unplugged and the extension cord is put away so he cant plug it in. BUT.. other then that it is what it is. There is no unsafe situation but i might see about one thing today.. I have sub floor to put down. I will see if he will run a small impact driver. I have a feeling this will only last for five minutes at most. There will be some outside time with my dogs and frog hunting.. They got to see deer from my back deck (60 feet away) last night. They all loved that. It was the one time he was quiet with out anyone asking him to be.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Good luck!!!

But I vote for duck tape and dog cage myself. LOL

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like the boy is a handful. If he liked watching the deer, how about handing him a set of binoculars and have him make a wildlife report about what he sees outside?
once the day warms up we will be outside.. he can chase frogs and i will work on the deck railing..

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
I feel your pain TG, We have 3 or our grand-kids with us and they are a handful as well. Like you there are 2 girls and a boy all under the age of 6. Unlike you it is the middle girl that causes the problem's. She is constantly asking questions and will not listen or do like she is told.

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
You may have hit on something--- how about babysitting as an effective method for birth control ? Nothing like a good dose of reality to wake a prospective parent up lol
But, most of us would say, "my kid will never be like that" :bigrofl:

WHO in their rite mind would leave a child with you ? Was the Charles Manson day care center closed ? Lol
:bigrofl: god, isn't that the truth, TG just show him this Wood Flooring Floor Chainsaw Gas

Attachments

Reactions: JRJ
1 - 20 of 55 Posts