Garden Tractor Forums banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
it appears that Waterloo has decided to keep Supremacy from marriage to the Waterbury family, this would make business sense for Waterloo in manufacturing and marketing, the 52 Supremacy model 45 shares the model 30's frame, this frame will have the longest run of all platforms regarding the 30/40/45 model's with oldest example found being your 48 model 30.

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yet again another Waterloo curve ball, these things can kick and scream all they want cus inch by inch I'm winning lol, this tractor is not the model 30 it is the model 45, this is also why the Supremacy model 30 has a Briggs, tripping over things in plain sight i am, this now means the 30 on this platform is the missing tractor but dosent hurt the puzzle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yet again another Waterloo curve ball, these things can kick and scream all they want cus inch by inch I'm winning lol, this tractor is not the model 30 it is the model 45, this is also why the Supremacy model 30 has a Briggs, tripping over things in plain sight i am, this now means the 30 on this platform is the missing tractor but dosent hurt the puzzle
The model 45 Supremacy had flat bar handles, not round, same as all Supremacys.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The model 45 Supremacy had flat bar handles, not round, same as all Supremacys.
I was just using the Supremacy for the 3hp comparison, for Waterloo to have a model 30 after 49 it also would have to be a Briggs, does any of your model 15's have a type 130 designation like the model 20's? if so it could be a platform identifyer, might have a new serial number in the 40, it go's good with your 40's serial number, will be in next post

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I was just using the Supremacy for the 3hp comparison, for Waterloo to have a model 30 after 49 it also would have to be a Briggs, does any of your model 15's have a type 130 designation like the model 20's? if so it could be a platform identifyer, might have a new serial number in the 40, it go's good with your 40's serial number, will be in next post
They simply stuck an "S" in front of the serial number. Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive lighting

One of the flyers that I have mentions a reverser attachment. Any idea what it looked like?

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Product Tractor

Thought you might like these photos.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Gas Font Auto part Metal
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Road surface
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Plant Grass
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Automotive lighting Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
... fourthly for nailing down the 15/30/45 line offering to 1952 only ...
This has been niggling at me. Wasn't sure why until I went back to the survivor list to add a tractor owned by another person. I have S1470 as being a Supremacy. That SN puts it ahead of 1260 which is a model 40 built in 1950 and behind SN 1675 which is a model 15 sold with a lawn mower to a person in Turnerville, Ontario on May 27, 1950.

It also reminded me of this link where DougT said about a tractor bearing the SN S1651: "I'm going to guess a Wards Plow-trac built by Waterbury." Guess he was closer than we thought.

https://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/59369-2-wheel-walk-behind-tractor-identification/

The weird part of that is that the tractor discussed in that thread falls within a group of 6 tractors, 4 of which are specifically mentioned in the ledgers of Waterloo Manufacturing as being sold in the month of May 1950. The 6 start at 1634 and end with 1706. The 4 are 1634, 1675, 1686, & 1695. With S1651 & S1706 being the odd men out, but also being the only "S" tractors.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
..., also appears at the moment that this designation dosent start until 50, ...
you might think that. Consider the comment on this auction website: http://www.auctionsfind.com/auction/1527

"Walk Behind Waterloo Cultivators: two model 15 serial #`s 903 and 445; model 20 serial # 3978 type 130; model 40 serial # 3142; all walk behinds are running;"

They don't list the type number for 903 & 445, but they do for 3142. 3142 falls behind 3877 which is confirmed as 1952.

445 would likely be a first or second year production item. They started at 101 and may have had a slow first couple of years. 237 is a confirmed 1948. 1094 is confirmed as a mid 1950 item by the engine build date. I don't have a shot of the data plate, but 1205 does not list the type number.

Thinking out loud, 445 would likely be an early to mid 1949 as it sits between those two and is closer to 237 than 1094.

903 sits closer to 1094, and would likely be late 1949 or early 1950. 862 would also be a late 1949 / early 1950. If we assume they started in 1950, 862 & 903 would have to be a 1949.

If they started in 1950 but not before mid 1950 (1205), and 237 was built in 1948, that would mean they sold almost 1000 tractors in 1949 / 50. I would be more inclined to think they started in 1951.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Automotive lighting Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Haven't ran the WIS. No's yet but bett'n late 49 or early 50, it's that mint green paint, have good example's showing 50 as the last year for it, dark green in 51, these two numbers together give a good start to the 40's production numbers, the 49 40 shares paint with the 50 40 but not platform, the 50 40 shares platform with the 51 40 but not the paint, the 40 is replaced in 52 with the 45, haven't seen the reverse on anything yet, maybe it's just that one year, have an idea on your model 15 not having a type number but done ran out of gas for the night lol

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,459 Posts
I see the block in the front was wondering is your tractor so front heavy that you need it supported even with the cultivators on ? Also could you take a closer picture of the cultivators ? Thanks

Reactions: jimmy G

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Haven't ran the WIS. No's yet but bett'n late 49 or early 50, it's that mint green paint, have good example's showing 50 as the last year for it, dark green in 51, these two numbers together give a good start to the 40's production numbers, the 49 40 shares paint with the 50 40 but not platform, the 50 40 shares platform with the 51 40 but not the paint, the 40 is replaced in 52 with the 45, haven't seen the reverse on anything yet, maybe it's just that one year, have an idea on your model 15 not having a type number but done ran out of gas for the night lol
I own engine 1802584 (1 below yours) but it does not yet have a tractor. I have SN 3098, which is only 12 below yous, so it may go on that tractor.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I see the block in the front was wondering is your tractor so front heavy that you need it supported even with the cultivators on ? Also could you take a closer picture of the cultivators ? Thanks
Without the front weight, you have to lift the handlebars to move the tractor. The cultivator hangs behind the wheels & is really heavy. I keep the weight on when I have anything on the back.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread
Tire Plant Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tree
Plant Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wood Motor vehicle
Leaf Wood Plant Grass Natural material

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
That tractor is gorgeous, can't make out from the pic if it's the 30 or 40 but eather way that tractor has something to say, the 49 40 shares the 48 30's frame, this makes it a one year tractor, even though it doesn't have a type designation before 50 it's type will be the same as the 48 30, 50-51 model 30(both waterloo and Supremacy) and the 52 Supremacy model's 30 and 45, did Supremacy have tractor's in 48 or 49? haven't seen anything to suggest so, an S tag with no type number is what I'm looking for

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,459 Posts
Thanks for the cultivator pictures :thumbs: I always find the different style/ideas interesting . It does look heavy duty

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That tractor is gorgeous, can't make out from the pic if it's the 30 or 40 but eather way that tractor has something to say, the 49 40 shares the 48 30's frame, this makes it a one year tractor, even though it doesn't have a type designation before 50 it's type will be the same as the 48 30, 50-51 model 30(both waterloo and Supremacy) and the 52 Supremacy model's 30 and 45, did Supremacy have tractor's in 48 or 49? haven't seen anything to suggest so, an S tag with no type number is what I'm looking for
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Plant Grass

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
So here is another problem I don't know how to deal with. Waterloo gave their implements a serial number, but I don't know if they are part of the tractor number sequence or a separate sequence. Any ideas?

Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Automotive tire
Wood Gas Auto part Metal Machine
Rectangle Wood Font Flooring Hardwood
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Mode of transport Building material

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
This gets straightened out in 52 when waterloo officially gets the Waterbury frame and can then share attachment's with outher models with this narrowed frame gageing, until this happens attachment's are platform specific and not shared between the 15/20 and 30/40, this is Simplicity's doing, Simplicity is supplying waterloo with older Wards/Simplicity implements and attachment's less the quick hitch, because the 15/20 is basically a Simplicity B/Wards Hoe-Trac it can run everything these tractors ran, once the 48 Plow-Trac's tools get a little long in the tooth(52 apparently lol) Simplicity will pass these tools to Waterloo with the Waterbury frame, the waterloo reel mower in pic(1) is a slightly upgraded Simplicity/Wards reel mower(2,3) and just for affect to the degree of compatibility in pic(4) we see the model 15 from a waterloo flyer, that tractor in the pic is a 47 Hoe-Trac

Attachments

41 - 60 of 93 Posts