Garden Tractor Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
1094 is confirmed as a mid 1950 item by the engine build date. I don't have a shot of the data plate.
do you have a pic of the tractor? The 15 gets round cross bars somewhere here in 50 and a type designation, no doubt 1094 will have flat bars but the engine build date is not leaving much room considering it still has to get shipped and handled and your tractor is a hundred tractor's later still carrying flat bars and still no type designation, might take a couple more mouth fulls like that to get through this part lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
Gonna call that last Waterloo pitch that went by me a fast ball lol, the tractor to the right in the first pic is a correct 1950 model 15, it has the round cross bars and mint green paint with square forward gas tank, first year for round bars and forward tank, last year for mint paint, no problem finding outher example's of this combination, the tractor to the right in the last pic(same colection auction) is a 48-49 15/20, flat bars mint paint side tank, also restored like above, if you were going to put it's pretty board under another tractor out of the two in the first pic which one would it be lol, this has been a long tractor ride for me and learn'n to keep between the ditch's has taught me to read between the lines(the hard way i might add lol), the engine on 1094 would be correct for the 15 in the first pic but not for a 15 with flat bars, these are 1948 tractors, your 1205 is a good start for first year production tally

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Not sure you are correct on the change to round rod being a 1950 thing. Here is a photo of SN 3066, which has flat bar. Ignore the engine plate. It was a totally bastardized repair & the engine was a replacement. I also checked 3786 & 2280. Both of those have flat bars. 4828 does have round rod but it is a 53 or 54. 3786 is awful close to 3877, which is a confirmed 1952. Your theory would mean they sold less than 90 tractors in 1951, and close to 1000 in 1952 / 53. More likely the round rod appears in 1953.

Plant Tire Wheel Tractor Automotive tire

3786 and 4828 also have a round tank mounted for and aft not sideways. If you say the square tank belongs on the 1950 frame, what do you say about this photo where the left tractor has the late model engine carrier, and the square gas tank mounted sideways? The late model carrier does not appear until SN 4221.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Or this one where the forward tractor has the older style carrier, flat bar X, round tank bearing the logo of a 15?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The engine on 1094 would not be correct for either of the two model 15 tractors as 1094 is a model 30 and has a Wisconsin, not a Clinton, engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
It is the same tractor in both your last pics, plug wire location and what ever that goffy wire is going around the drive pulley is same, engine also has the uni-bolt base plate, should have base plate in last pic, Yep gonna be some mouth full's lol, Will take some numbers and pics to get to the bottom but will be fun getting there lol

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yep, gonna back up and nip this in the bud, you said left and i went left field lol, these are the same tractor's from the auction pics, the tank you call sideways i call forward, i call the round tanks on these side mount, the tractor with the square tank is the one I'm calling a 50 at the moment, the tractor in the bottom of the first pic is a 48, I'm not making things easier on myself eather by jumping the gun, i should have waited for your reply when i asked if 1094 was a model 15, but because that's the model's we were talking about i assumed after a day or two that it must be, I won't do that again lol, I'll wait for a reply and do this the easy way, at 3066 this tractor in the bottom could be correct, is it a model 20?

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Wow, that's an impressive run for the early 20, have to go back and look at some numbers but thinking model 15's with round bars from here out is all that's needed, can't believe how close we got the 20's lol, I'm thinking your 4646 model 20 is round bars and if so that leaves 50-52 for change, haven't seen anything contrary to 50 being the change but am seeing some great production numbers coming together, when the 50-52 15 is done we will have the complete run of the type 130's(because type 130 sounds cooler than 15/20 lol) from 48-55

·
Registered
973 Posts
Awesome, your tractor sets the mark to work down from on the 20's, any 20 with round cross bars and lower serial number than 5000 is going to help with production numbers, because the 20's are close your tractor is seriously looking like a 53

·
Registered
973 Posts
Here's the tractor's, a pic of any one of these 3 in a row will deside if we're ready to move to the model 30's, a ton of production information on the 15's I'm thinking if right, I found some good stuff on the bigger tractors and chomping at the bit to get to them so hopefully I'll see what's needed in your reply to this lol

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
Moving this tractor up a year to 53, the only thing that put this at 52 was being a model 30, that is not a B&S, the AB is long gone,it's doing the Plow-Trac shuffle and more importantly this does not affect the Waterbury anomaly seen in the H, going to note that this tractor now is advertised with the M/W small cultivater mount's

Attachments

61 - 80 of 93 Posts