Garden Tractor Forums banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Could you try to fill us in on what is going on in your head, or stop babbling incoherently? The picture comes from a 1948 advertising brochure. You can tell by the clutch engagement rod being a pull lever under the handle bars. In 1949 it was changed to an over-centre locking lever on top of the handle bars. The model 30 ended in 1950 when they switched to the ABN. The ABN was a 4 hp whereas the AB was a 3 hp, hence the 30 & 40 designators. Waterloo never used a B&S, except on one model of the Supremacy line, and the Boy. Not sure how you get to 1952 or 1953, or what the Waterbury anomaly is.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Could you try to fill us in on what is going on in your head, or stop babbling incoherently? The picture comes from a 1948 advertising brochure. You can tell by the clutch engagement rod being a pull lever under the handle bars. In 1949 it was changed to an over-centre locking lever on top of the handle bars. The model 30 ended in 1950 when they switched to the ABN. The ABN was a 4 hp whereas the AB was a 3 hp, hence the 30 & 40 designators. Waterloo never used a B&S, except on one model of the Supremacy line, and the Boy. Not sure how you get to 1952 or 1953, or what the Waterbury anomaly is.
I will answer,address and explain all your question's, observation's and concerns in this post with enthusiasm soon as you ancer my question in post 75#, your saying probably 53 for round cross bars and I'm saying probably 50 for round cross bars, are they round?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yep, you just put 1949 model 20 handlebars on a 1950 model 15, it is now time to go back to the beginning where i entered this thread, you were not ready for everything at once as evadanced in your reply in post 30# to my post 29#, now after many ancers and i have you're attention we're going back to the unfinished business of that "pause" thing, and what would a couple posts by me be without a correction lol(two actually but one will self right in next post), The tractor below is not correct(paint) and is a 53 or later model 20, because of paint and round cross bars i had this at 50 but the forward square tank is wrong, i have this tank coming out in 53, correct paint would be same as tractor to the left

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Are you really this dense or are you just living in a world of "alternate facts", Kellyanne? There is no such thing as a 1949 model 20. The 15 becomes the 20 in 1950 or 1951 when they switch from the Clinton 700-A (1.5 hp) to the B700 (2.0 hp). I haven't put "1949 model 20 handlebars on a 1950 model 15", because there is no such thing as a 1949 Model 20. Even if it did exist, they didn't switch from the flat bar X to round rod X until 1953-ish, meaning the handle bars on a 1949 and a 1950 are interchangeable and identical.

The tractors in your photo both have the late model engine carriers which fits with the round rod X, so what is your point? Yes, they are 1953 or later and one has been repainted. So what? Your the only one who claimed the paint colour was correct, and you were wrong. Why spew drivel as fact if you don't know it to be correct? This isn't a tea party. And just what the F is "that pause thing" you are babbling about? Is it the Waterbury Anomaly?

Try putting a coherent thought together. Try to stay with the real facts. You are polluting the history of the brand with wrong information. That may not matter to you, or it may be some sick game with you, but it isn't fair to the brand or it's history. Some idiot is going to write a book and quote your misinformation as fact because he can't be bothered to read the entire thread to see my corrections.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dangit, looks like this thread is getting to rude and angry, maybe we'll pick it up again when things cool down, you're repeated insults is what researches are going to find, ok enough of that, it's time to tear you a new A$$, in the first pic you say you have the 49 Waterloo flyer for the 20-40 and then discard this fact because it doesn't fit your theory(incert derogatory words here), 2nd pic is the 49 model 20 from this flyer and the 3rd pic is the date from it(personal attack go's here), 4th pic are the 1950 model 15's and I'm saying the cross bars are round and until i see a pic with numbers saying otherwise this is where it stands(should be taken as put up or shut up), I apologize to all who read this spectacle for my part in it and will not post here again until some measure of civility is restored

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
In the first picture, I state that I don't know if the change happened in 1949 or 1950. The flyer may have been printed in late 1949 for the 1950 model year. All I know for sure is the 20 replaced the 15. Either way, it does not change the basic fact that the handlebars on a 1949 & a 1950 are identical. You can stick to your round bar theory all you like, even in the face of hard evidence to the contrary. That seems to be the trend south of the border lately, Spicy. I have shown you photos of tractor with higher serial numbers with flat bars. Do you really think they made three tractors with round bars and then went back to flat bars? Thank you for discontinuing the thread.

·
Tractorholic
8,459 Posts
I myself enjoy reading about how the tractors developed through the years , this thread and others , the different hitches , attachments , different engines they used . How different ways to drive them . I like them all :thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I just picked up a waterloo 30. The tag says model 30, serial number 682. Doesn't have original motor but came with the single furrow plough, discs,and 2 cultivators. I'll try to post pictures, but I'm using my cell phone do guessing I have to use a computer. My father was a collector of the old 2 cylinder John Deere's and many hit and miss engines. He just passed recently so I picked this old girl up because I know he would think is was neat! Thanks Reeder

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I just picked up a waterloo 30. The tag says model 30, serial number 682. Doesn't have original motor but came with the single furrow plough, discs,and 2 cultivators. I'll try to post pictures, but I'm using my cell phone do guessing I have to use a computer. My father was a collector of the old 2 cylinder John Deere's and many hit and miss engines. He just passed recently so I picked this old girl up because I know he would think is was neat! Thanks Reeder
Hello Reeder,( FYI ) No sure where you are located but I just picked up Waterloo 30 yesterday near Chatham On. I haven't had a chance to go over it yet in fact it is still in the back of my truck, but it looks to be in pretty good shape. It is complete, but has not been running for at least 5 years. It has a 3
Motor vehicle Wood Font Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Wood Font Automotive exterior Gas
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
hp Briggs and Stratton and so far from what I have read this would indicate it is a Supremacy which was sold by Simpsons back in the day. Unfortunately the previous owner painted the engine and tank covering all the original decals. The serial number on this tractor is 678, only 4 off of yours. I have been told that there were only approximately 750 of these machine produced but I don't know how accurate that is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good reading........I'm new to the vintage tractor scene.....I've just picked up an older Waterloo Walk Behind.......sadly the ID tag has been removed but the tag on the Briggs & Stratton remains. The model listed is 15S, Type No. 700087 with serial No. 1364087 I'd appreciate any info, access to manual and or parts list.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts