Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i was tinkering in the garage with the cub an the deere an i started wondeing what everone else has for a winter setup. Plow blowers weights chains ags lets see what evryone has for there setups.

·
enjoyin the livin part of life!
1,083 Posts
When plowing snow with my 214 I normally run 50lb wheel weights along with ag tires. I've got a new unopened set of chains that I bought for last winter,only having one plowable snow all winter I didn't see a need to open them! :smilewink:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Old Red (Bolens QT-16) drives through deep snow without a problem using turf tires, weights, and chains.

Paul

Tire Snow Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Bolens HT20D with a soft cab, turfs (PO said that they are loaded with CaCl), 2-link chains, and a hydro angle blade. I do have weights I could put on it, but it does well enough without them.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:49236]

·
I said I work on them. I never said I fix them&#3
2,426 Posts
Fairly simple for me. The Massey gets chains front and back and the rear wheels are loaded with Rimguard. Tractor has a 5 foot power angle blade. That's about it. Clears snow pretty quick!

Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Sears 16/6, loaded ags, chains, 55# wheel weights, winch/snow blade, rear back blade.

Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
mIJPRVu.jpg

Hell - My driveway is 8 feet wide and maybe 50 feet long. I need this !

I will be using single rear set with chains and wheel weights + plus I will use a disc harrow carefully set just above the pavement level for weight and to see if it helps to break up ice .

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
I put the blade on the Deere yesterday, even outside the garage, in partial darkness! I have a front bumper which comes off and then a frame goes on same area that blade kinda quick-taches to. I could leave that on if I didn't want the bumper, but that bumper has saved the hood many times. It is quite a ritual to change. Anyway, that all went pretty good, then the chains turn. As small as these things are, and that goofy hard to use lock clip, and tires that don't get smaller even with all the air out, sure is a PIA!! I hate chains. Those big ones on my PK went right on and had big clip to lock on. These are very hard to pull enough to make clips lock and need three hands and two tools to work them. I NOW have just those little chain links that have threaded side to open/close on them, the heck with those cheapy lock things. Seems they got rid of the good lock clips years ago, and I haven't been able to find them anymore. A step backwards! Cheapening up the product is not too neat. Anyway, got them on finally, aired up again and off to the garage. Had to slip off the rear suitcase weights to get into garage enough to close door. I have other tractors in there that won't move till spring, and NO more room to move them too. SO, each time I get out the Deere, gotta slip those wieghts back on, so be it. There, done ranting!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
I've had the cheapy L130 version of a Deere since 03'. I was sick and bought new one for Mama to have to mow, in case I croaked off or could not function. Bought at dealer, but was same as Lowe's offered. 23hp K engine and bigger deck. Also have snow blade and it has worked well for all these years, dispite the guy's all saying the rear would blow out in few years. No issues yet, cross your fingers. Foot control hydro, nice and easy to use, and not too big for the yard and Mama to run. Only one I've had.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I've had the cheapy L130 version of a Deere since 03'. I was sick and bought new one for Mama to have to mow, in case I croaked off or could not function. Bought at dealer, but was same as Lowe's offered. 23hp K engine and bigger deck. Also have snow blade and it has worked well for all these years, dispite the guy's all saying the rear would blow out in few years. No issues yet, cross your fingers. Foot control hydro, nice and easy to use, and not too big for the yard and Mama to run. Only one I've had.
Ok, guess we will chalk it up that you had an illness and wasn't in your right mind :D :D

My coworker just sold a L120. Rearend blew last fall, they got the parts to rebuild it over the winter. Worked fine until it got hotafter 30 mins or so then pulled really slow if at all. He sold it for $300 with less than 300 hrs on it. Maybe you have been lucky with yours.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.