Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
hooligan said:
We may be the only site with a dedicate Amigo forum, hope we can get a lot of other Amigo owners in here
:ditto:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I really liked what I seen with the Amigo tractors, I would love to see more of them. I have never seen any of them at the shows I have gone to.

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
I havent either. They look like they are some though tractors.

·
Tractorholic
431 Posts
i heard about Amigo tractors on this site. never heard anything about them any where else. i guess it's just proof that this site rocks!!

·
Super Moderator
55,382 Posts
Welcome and nice tractor you have there! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We may be the only site with a dedicate Amigo forum, hope we can get a lot of other Amigo owners in here
An invitation here for the 8th AMIGO Reunion to be held at LaGrange Indiana during the Northeastern Indiana Steam & Gas Show.

Location is on the fairgrounds at LaGrange, Indiana August 8, 9 &10 in the year 2013.

I am a nephew of the designer, engineer and manufacturer of the AMIGO garden tractors.

The models were 77, 99, 990, 1170, 1200, 1400 and AMF 1400.

There were two versions of the 77. The very early models had a PTO clutch. The clutch was discontinued because it also disengaged the shaft with the oil slinger that help to cool the two planetary gear sets in the transmission.

I am willing to help with information about AMIGO garden tractors having learned many things from my uncle.

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
There's really nice one at Rochester show now. Saw a few at the Portland show last month. This one at Roch. has the pto on it and fella said same story on oil starvation if it wasn't running all the time. Later discontinued. That darn thing is ALL cast parts, even the grill, engine mount section, main drive tube/tunnel and rear gear box and axles. Front axle too. Parts were cast in Indiana and name of company was listed as IN, yet the real company was in Dowigiac, MI and not in IN. That's the story I got anyway from owner. Maybe can take some pictures tomorrow, the first day of show. I have my two Wheelhorse there to sell and my "Cucumber Clunker" and "Grumpy King" to show. Lots of attachments and blades on trailer for sale also. Come to show and buy all of my stuff! :smilewink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was at reunion yesterday and today. they now have found 119 of 1200 to 2000 made. learned a lot from the designers nephew. meet the owner of the patent tractor. that tractor has fenders. very cool looking. enjoyed the time I spent with the guys that own Amigos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.