Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the MF 10's this weekend. One is pretty complete and the other one is a parts tractor. I got an MF-610 deck in nice shape, a 620 snow thrower, and a dozer blade. I also have a MF garden cart in the deal as well which will be picked up in a seperate trip. I will probably be selling the snowblower and the dozer blade but the cart was a pretty cool addition I thought. The parts tractor has a sleeve hitch which is something I really wanted as well. I know they looki a little rough, but I think I can get one of them looking presentable again.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The parts tractor has all the sheet metal for it as well, it was just loose in the back of my truck. The parts one has a cast aluminum dash panel which I assume is because it's older. The S/N's are: 1446 012257 for the "good" one and 1446 003703 for the parts tractor. The "good" one has a pretty nice dealer plate on it as well:

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Looks like a good haul. Nice looking 10's. Good job on the sleeve hitch. They are great.

Very nice scenery in the one shot. Must be hard to look at that all day.

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the view comment. Yup, we are pretty lucky! We bought 24+ acres from my wife's "best friend from schools father" (if you can follow that!) He had one of the bigger dairy farms in the area and when the government paid him a bunch of money back in the early 80's to stop making milk, he used to money to buy up a bunch of old farms. He's land rich but money poor. He gave us a great deal on the land and I built the house and barn myself so we are into the whole thing for a lot less money than most people would think.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Good for you. A nice piece of property is really an important thing in life. It can relax you just being there. Even better to get a great deal on it.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Looks like you got a lot of good stuff.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
You got a great find. I don't know what you paid but that is besides the point. The 10 with the aluminum dash and probably nose ring should be a keeper for sure. Not too many of them around any more, there are a few guys on here though that have the old 10's. I am jealous because i want a Massey garden cart so bad. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I just reread your follow up post and realized it was the parts tractor with the aluminum dash. Just make sure you hold on to it. Unless you decide you really need to sell it.

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NUTNDUN said:
I just reread your follow up post and realized it was the parts tractor with the aluminum dash. Just make sure you hold on to it. Unless you decide you really need to sell it.
I was going to use the aluminum dash on the tractor I fixed up. In fact, I am thinking about using several of the "parts" tractor's chassis as it looks heavier than the other. Is there a database on here to give me an idea of build dates for these by S/N? I've been looking around but I haven't seen anything yet...?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
DMF said:
I was going to use the aluminum dash on the tractor I fixed up. In fact, I am thinking about using several of the "parts" tractor's chassis as it looks heavier than the other. Is there a database on here to give me an idea of build dates for these by S/N? I've been looking around but I haven't seen anything yet...?
Yep, in the Manuals Section under Massey there is a build sheet depending on serial numbers and we also have the Registry where you can view other tractors and see their serial numbers as well.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I should also add that when you get a chance you should add your tractors to the registry. :D

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Couple of good tractors, my 66 is serial# 005183, if you check your 66 you should find also-

no center rib in the frame under the engine
cast iron steering arm
rear plate missing 2 holes for tiller bracket
pointy 0s on the amp meter

There are a lot of differences in the 66 to later years, here's mine- http://www.gttalk.com/f2-massey-snapper/1966-mf10-298/

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
I agree, build the 66 into "the one" and then find parts to build the 67. What do you need anyway?

I know I should not say this, but let me know when you want to sell the blower, not a promise.... but just shoot me a price.

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DH1 said:
Couple of good tractors, my 66 is serial# 005183, if you check your 66 you should find also-

no center rib in the frame under the engine
cast iron steering arm
rear plate missing 2 holes for tiller bracket
pointy 0s on the amp meter
Thanks for the info! I definately have the cast steering arm, that's the one thing I noticed when I compared the two at first glance. The nose on my 66 is not aluminum however; I assume it's been replaced.

My thought, as others have suggested was to take what I need from the 67 to get the 66 all together. Would it be wrong to put the headlights on the 66; were thay an option then?

·
1,499 Posts
Congrats on your find! You have a good start there on making a really nice 1966. I'd agree to fix the 1966 up and then see what you need to make the 1967 a runner later. your snow blower has the earlier style hook ups that mount pretty much all right to the front of the tractor. Nice find and good luck on your project!

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Head lights should be fine.... From what I understand they were an option on all the tractors. I have uploaded an early 1967 dated color sales flier here which has all the options. Keep the cutout's if you have to knock them out... They can be welded back in to a tractor that is missing them and does not get headlights put into it. I did this to my son's MF-8 when I stole the lighting kit out of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts