Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on everyone's opinions on chain saws. I have a buch of oldies that I use on occasion, like Mcculloch, Johndeere, Stihl, Homelite, Lombard.

They are all nice but my favorite is my Echo cs440 that I bought a few years ago, that thing is the best saw I have ever used! :smile1: No problems yet since I had it (knock on wood) LOL

What are your favorite brands of saws?

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
I Don't currently own a saw but I'll be gettin one soon as I just got a wood burner. I always help a buddy of mine cut wood and I use his Husqvarna and thats what I'll be gettin, I've used em all and like the Husqvarna the best.

·
Tractorholic
824 Posts
I have a cheap Poulan. I know a bunch of people talk smack about this brand, but mine has run perfect since day one. I has been cutting along side of Stihls and Huskys with no complaints. I have had it for about 10 years now and never a problem. I can't say the same about my dad's Stihl.
I have always wanted an Echo, if my Poulan ever dies, I think that is what I'll get...?

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
I have a cheap Craftsman (believe made by Poulan) and a mid grade Husqvarna. The Husky is constantly giving little problems, but that little Craftsman just runs, runs, then runs some more with No problems ever. Something wrong in carb or fuel lines of the Husq. but I haven't bothered with fixing. The Craftsman is always up to the job & saws like a mad dog!

G

·
I don't own one, never cut any wood, and never had a fire in my fireplace in almost 15 years.In fact my 36 inch flat screen TV fits just inside the fireplace opening. I guess I'm not a heat/fire kind of guy, I got married this past year and this is the first winter that I've run any heat in the house at all. The walls are block with a brick veeneer, about 14 inches think, along with storm windows, good doors and lots of windows on the south west side it rarely gets below 32 inside, maybe 2 a year. Of course this year we've been running the zoned baseboard heat, plus my wife has several electric blanket stations positioned around the house, so I've been pretty dang warm in more ways than one

·
Tractorholic
2,731 Posts
I have an 029 Stihl I bought new when I had to replace my old 1010 McCullough (sp). Due to local dealers's health, I'll go to Husqvarna when I need to replace the Stihl. ~~ grnspot110

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
I have a gas Dolmar saw and a Poulan electric saw. I like them both!

·
1,499 Posts
All of my logger friends use Stihl chain saws. I have had a Poulan "wild thing" saw for 11 0r 12 years now and it has worked very well for me. I saw up a couple trees a year and do some trimming with it and never had a problem. For the $139.00 I paid for it, it has done well.

·
Tractorholic
360 Posts
I'm an Echo fan. The shop I used to work out of used mostly Echo 2 stroke equipment, and witnessing the abuse they could withstand sold me on them. I've used Husqvarna and Stihl saws, but when it was time for a new one I went with an Echo CS-670. Over 4 years later I don't have a single complaint.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.