Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Always learning something!
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to Massey tractors but am interested. I've got my eye on a Massey MF-14 (S/N 1944005909). What can you tell me about this model? Thanks. Pics would be awesome if you have them. Thanks again.

Matthew

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
That S/N would make it a 1974. Should be the same as mine except it wouldn't have the fender extensions, that was a 75-76 only thing. They are a good solid tractor, same motor as your Case 444. Hydrostatic drive, high/low range, hydrailic impliment lift.

P6270038.jpg

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did it come with an electric lift or just hydraulic? Those are nice looking tractors. I'm guessing a solid shell/glass windshield/fabric doors cab with lights and a windshield wiper would help the value a bit?

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That S/N would make it a 1974. Should be the same as mine except it wouldn't have the fender extensions, that was a 75-76 only thing. They are a good solid tractor, same motor as your Case 444. Hydrostatic drive, high/low range, hydrailic impliment lift.

P6270038.jpg
That's a NICE looking rig.

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
I have two mf14's and a amf1014 and they are great GT's. The amf1014 is actually a mf14 only with a different hood&grill. As long as it's in decent shape and you can get it for a decent price, you should be happy with it. They came with hydraulic lift only. I really like the hydro drives on these models and the high/low transaxle with neutral is really nice to have. They pull/plow really nice in low range, are fast in high range and you can put them in neutral when you get off them while running so they don't sneak off to the neighbors house when your not looking. The hydraulic lift also has down pressure and a float position that I really appreciate when I'm using the dozer blade. I would prefer foot controlled hydro but the hand control can be nice when I want to kneel up on the seat to see in front of or around the tractor, such as when bush hogging/mowing in unfamiliar ground (don't want to hit stuff). As already stated they did make a 3pt for these tractors but they are hard to come by. I did make a sleeve hitch for my amf1014 and plan on making another for one of the 14's. It uses the tractors original lift and works very well. If you get the tractor and would like to make one I'd be happy to share info and pics on how I made mine. I bought my 2nd mf14 for parts because it had a 3pt and I never expected it to run/operate (it is very rough), much to my surprise I got it running and it runs and drives very well for looking like it came from a swamp.

Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Sky Plant Sky Cloud Vehicle Tire Sky Plant Cloud Agricultural machinery Land lot Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Bumper Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Wood Tire Wheel Plant Riding mower Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Did it come with an electric lift or just hydraulic? Those are nice looking tractors. I'm guessing a solid shell/glass windshield/fabric doors cab with lights and a windshield wiper would help the value a bit?
The cab, especially with lights and wiper would increase the value for me if you have a snowblower for it. I have a blower for mine but want to replace the bearings before I put it in service so I haven't tried it yet.

·
Tractorholic
1,183 Posts
I agree with everyone else they are great machines.I have one for myself,my dad and i went halves on a 14 package deal with 3pt,tiller and a cat 0 blade.Dad has a 14 and a 16.

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It sounds like a great deal from his CL ad! Good luck getting it! I think you will really love that GT :thumbs:
I spoke with the seller this evening and God willing and the creek don't rise I should be the proud owner of an MF-14 on Sunday with delivery on Monday. I might have pics Sunday night but if not I'm shooting for Monday evening. She was running a short while ago but currently won't start; everything points to an electrical glitch. It's a bit of a gamble, one that I'm hopeful will pay off. Yes, all you GT buffs might just get a chance to do a little troubleshooting.

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
I would hate to see you have to waste time fixing it. I'll be glad to take it off your hands so you can enjoy any free time you might have :D

JK. I can't wait to see the pictures! Good luck! :thumbs:

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have a 3 point on my mf-16 that i just acquired, but it doesn't look to be original. are there any closeup pics of a 3 point on the forum. i will try to post pics but can't promise i can make it work.

thanks

keith

·
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have two mf14's and a amf1014 and they are great GT's. The amf1014 is actually a mf14 only with a different hood&grill. As long as it's in decent shape and you can get it for a decent price, you should be happy with it. They came with hydraulic lift only. I really like the hydro drives on these models and the high/low transaxle with neutral is really nice to have. They pull/plow really nice in low range, are fast in high range and you can put them in neutral when you get off them while running so they don't sneak off to the neighbors house when your not looking. The hydraulic lift also has down pressure and a float position that I really appreciate when I'm using the dozer blade. I would prefer foot controlled hydro but the hand control can be nice when I want to kneel up on the seat to see in front of or around the tractor, such as when bush hogging/mowing in unfamiliar ground (don't want to hit stuff). As already stated they did make a 3pt for these tractors but they are hard to come by. I did make a sleeve hitch for my amf1014 and plan on making another for one of the 14's. It uses the tractors original lift and works very well. If you get the tractor and would like to make one I'd be happy to share info and pics on how I made mine. I bought my 2nd mf14 for parts because it had a 3pt and I never expected it to run/operate (it is very rough), much to my surprise I got it running and it runs and drives very well for looking like it came from a swamp.

attachicon.gif
DSC00814 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC00815 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC00816 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC02431.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC02555.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC02558.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC04292.JPG
Thanks for the info. It looks like I may be a happy owner come Monday. Here's to hoping and I will for sure look you up when I get around to assessing what I have. My '71 Case 444 has a sleeve hitch and it comes in handy for an assortment of things. Your machines look like true work horses for sure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts